ENO - Java UI (Angular 8) Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Your responsibilities include:
Your future colleagues
- Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies with extensive hands-on experience
- Hands-on full stack Java/J2EE development role which allows you to be involved in development of features from inception to live implementation comprising design, implementation and integration and testing of various components in the Trade Validation domain
- Ability to dive into existing application code base to resolve functionality
- Effectively communicate with project managers, business analysts and users, negotiate and lead technical meetings as well as influence outcomes
- Opportunity to participate in establishing, planning and monitoring IT project delivery benchmarks and prioritize work for offshore development team
- Design and implement highly scalable, adaptable and efficient software solutions while taking into account prevailing constraints and the future strategic direction of CS IT.
- Utilize the latest tools to execute all steps of SDLC and generate progress and project metrics reports, if required
- Opportunity to build on investment banking knowledge especially trade validation processing
- Lead or assist with the working groups focusing on various business requirements
- Architect, design and develop solutions for portfolio of applications in the respective domain area in the Securities Settlements space,
- Accountable for providing effective estimates (HLE) for IT solutions for relevant applications
- Act as a SME in the respective domain and application landscape
- Address problems of higher complexity, often spanning across multiple components or systems
- Coordinate with globally diverse developers (CS, contractor and external vendors) including leadership of offshore and outsourced development teams regardless of time zones
- Orchestrate and partly lead design decisions/discussions and will be required to work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Work embedded with well-established vendor team and ensure that key Domain Expertise is retained in CS
- Clearly communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical partners across multiple regions
- Ensure high-quality component-level design and implementation of strategic components through the entire software development process using multiple delivery models
- Drive standard methodologies by planning and conducting code reviews, and incorporate lessons into work practices at the application and sub-department levels
- Plan and conduct successful unit, performance, system, integration and acceptance testing, ensuring applications are able to meet stringent functional and non-functional requirements
- Seek to assist in providing a stable and robust production environment across key settlement functions and related production incidents and work closely with the Production Support function within PTG
- Build and drive positive relationships with key partners across multiple business areas & delivery groups.
We are a group with in Credit Suisse IT, who believe in work hard and mean time fun loving culture people. While working on the client requirements and bringing value for business, also we enrich our working experience by participating in various organizational activities like CSR initiative, fun activities, cross departmental connects etc.
The group has a right mix of younger talents and experienced people, which will give an opportunity learn while working, meantime open for new ideas. In total, we believe in building value while we work both to our lives as well as to customer.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
You are expected to possess the below skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-12 years of hands-on development experience with Java/J2EE applications
- Required Skill Set
- Must have strong development experience in building Enterprise Java/J2EE applications
- Proficient in core Java design patterns, MVC frameworks, Kafka and OOAD
- Proficient in Messaging Services and Frameworks (JMS, Active MQ etc.)
- Experience in Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot/Spring MVC/Spring Security/Annotations/AOP etc.)
- Proficient in REST/SOAP web services implementation
- Good exposure to UI Technologies (Angular, React, HTML5, CSS)
- Caching Technologies like Hazelcast and Coherence
- Performance Tuning
- Sybase, Oracle: Skilled at understanding & writing SQL statements; Procedures, Functions, Cursors etc.
- Sound knowledge of version control & debugging tools
- Possess experience in methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Test Driven Development(Junit, Mockito) and real passion for automating Integration Testing
- Good knowledge of continuous Integration and continuous Testing toolsets such as Jira/Confluence/Stash/Jenkins or TeamCity
- Hands on exposure to Unix and shell scripting
- Test Driven Development
- Experience in Micro Services, NoSQL and any Cloud technology will be an added advantage
- Sense of ownership and hands on approach to problem solving
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills with prior experience with people spread across locations / time-zones
- Experience of working in Investment Banking - trade validation highly desirable
- Work independently and within team as well as a self-starter, being able to take ownership of tasks on short-notice and work under stress & challenging deadlines
- A proven ability to pick up and learn a wide range of new technologies and topics
- Maintain quality of code, come up with ideas to improve existing processes
- Experience of supporting applications.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.