ENO_PC_ Structured Trade Reviews
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Divisional description
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities. We are a global function employing around 800 people, present in offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Our crucial role is fulfilled by ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. We also conduct the independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios and work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. Product Control also guards the banks trading activities via the provision of reliable and significant financial information provided to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents. Importantly, we also execute controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and report in a timely manner to senior management.
STR is a control & review over the consistency between the structured trade bookings in trade collection & risk management systems and the relevant obligations described in legal documentation for the most complex & high risk financial products at the bank. Failure to perform this control on a timely basis can result in the mis-statement of financial and risk information leading to potential economic loss, incorrect regulatory reporting and issues with client interactions. STRs seeks to address the following concerns for complex transactions
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- The overall client trade is adequately represented by the often complex structure of individual component parts booked in trading systems
- Appropriate valuation models are used
- Valuation adjustments are identified and reviewed for appropriateness
- All structures executed which have been subject to CS Risk Committee (Pre Trade Valuation & Risk Approval) or New Business initiative approvals
This role requires working full time on Structured Trade Reviews throughout the month. The tasks performed by this team cover all the regions. STR tasks
- Seek to ensure that STRs are completed within the policy timelines
- Resolve valuation booking errors identified or raise to managers for resolution on time
- Raise with model analytics group any queries regarding models or scripts
- Raise with Valuation Risk Group any enquiries regarding embedded valuation adjustments
- Where there are material errors or unrecorded elements of a transaction, inform supervisors and relevant departments e.g. Front Office, Middle Office, Operations, Business Control, model analysts, Legal etc.
- Inform your supervisor promptly of any reviews not completed within the review deadlines
- Coordinate with significant areas e.g. Front Office, Legal and Operations, etc. to discuss implications of issues arising from reviews and required actions. Manage and carry out necessary follow-ups to ensure all action points get cleared on time.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Inquisitive attitude to question any valuation which looks out of place
- Accuracy and attention to detail to ensure controls are performed completely and accurately
- Outstanding analytical problem solving skills and can work under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Deep understanding of financial derivatives and valuation principles
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal ability
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.