ENO- Legal Entity Accounting and Review
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) teams are the main point of contact to the Partner Managers for all financial information, including both routine and ad-hoc requirements, related to a single or a group of Legal Entities.
LEAR's purpose is to support the Group Finance team and the Regional Legal Entity Finance teams in the fulfilment of their reporting and governance responsibilities via the delivery of materially accurate, policy- and GAAP-compliant core financials and baseline analytical review.
They are accountable (for a given Legal Entity or group of legal entities) for ensuring that financial reporting processes and controls in place within Financial & Management Accounting & Reporting (FMAR) are fit for purpose and that the quality of the outputs produced as a result meets partner requirements (accurate, timely, etc).
Legal Entity Controllers are within and part of the process owner Organisation.
- Posting monthly journals for product level netting and reclass adjustments as we USGAAP and IFRS.
- Posting adjustments for correction of P&L geography based on underlying trades.
- Liaising with various groups including Operations, APAG, tax, Product control to ensure all accounting adjustment are posted to ledger on time.
- Preparing tax reconciliation pack and posting tax adjustments.
- Posting GAAP specific adjustments for IFRS, CAD GAAP.
- Posting adjustments for discontinued operations, FVTPL reclasses on quarterly basis.
- Signing off ledger/ ADAC levels for group consolidation and reporting.
- Performing analytical review to ascertain business drivers for movements in BS and P&L.
- Presenting the financials and USGAAP variance analysis to group reporting team.
- Performing account ownership sign offs for the accounts under LEC ownership.
- Preparing monthly partner review packs.
- Presenting the financials and USGAAP/ IFRS variance analysis to Legal Entity Finance (LEF).
- Coordinating with regulatory reporting team to provide financial data for regulatory submissions.
- Providing the analytical review for regulatory filing.
- Preparing Financial documents including board briefing memo.
- Preparing management review packs including Audit committee pack, Partner pack, UKIB pack, Conso pack etc.
- Ensure that SOPs (standard operating procedures) are developed and kept up to date for all processes.
- Liaising with auditors and other upstream departments on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contribute in ad-hoc projects to improve processes.
- Engaging in change projects.
- You have knowledge of GAAP accounting requirements;
- You have deep understanding of key aspects associated with the financial documents and the notes to the financial documents of the legal entity;
- Knowledge of the key processes, reporting systems and respective upstream feeds including an understanding of potential impacts on the end-to-end reporting flows.
- You have appropriate product knowledge;
- Deep understanding of control standards by which the legal entity and firm is governed, including those established by the Pan Finance OpRisk Control & SOX 404 Compliance function;
- You have deep knowledge of MS Office
- You have professional English language written and verbal skills
- You have strong communication skills and analytical skills
- Emphasize on good documentation which displays the audit trail
- You have the ability to liaise with partners would be an added advantage