Director - Operations IT Applications Environment Management
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer GOS Overview
Group Operations carries out high-quality and efficient banking services to clients across the business divisions ensuring the excellent execution of millions of transactions daily. We operate globally in various regions. We apply a continual focus on improving productivity and efficiency while seeking new and innovative ways to support clients' changing needs.
The role has 2 main components - responsibility for holistic IT environment management, workforce and vendor oversight across all regions within Group operations. Incumbent will have Global functional ownership and accountability for a globally diverse organisation of over 25+ FTE (permanent and vendor staff) working under the head of GOS Production, Quality and Environment Services based in UK. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with IT India Head and India OpCo for human capital & regional initiatives.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our Global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- A core member of the GOS Production, Quality and Environment Services department with responsibility for delivery of Environment Management Services to the whole of GOS
- GOS is part of the Group CIO division with our key internal clients being Group Operations and Investment Banking Operations
- Role provides the opportunity to lead, define and implement the Application Environment Management strategies for GOS while transitioning from a vendor to permanent staff model
- An opportunity to shape and develop a global, diverse organisation to deliver innovative services that support both the current and future needs for GOS and Group Operations, positioning the services to support the adoption of DevOPS and External Cloud initiatives
- Engagement in firm wide working groups and initiatives on the evolution of Environment Management Services
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent and gained at least 15 years' of IT experience in a financial institution or comparably large organization
- Solid understanding of and proven track record of delivering IT services (development, quality assurance/testing and/or application environment management)
- Experience in Handling vendor staff and Vendor Management skills
- Experience of leading global teams spread across geographies and time zones
- Previous Experience of managing Application Environment Management Services would be ideal
- Experience in driving implementation of DevOPS and External Cloud adoption Initiatives would be preferred
- Technical Knowledge of both Distributed and Mainframe Application IT Environments would be advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and clear decision making in highly pressured situations
- Outstanding understanding of a large banking enterprise, its processes and how things get done
- Must have an open and team oriented attitude showing flexibility, initiative and a high sense of responsibility
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient credibility to influence project teams and senior management in relation to these functions
- Handling organisational change: ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure and overall organisational environment.
- Demonstrated success in efficient collaboration across organisational/regional boundaries in a matrix based organisation enabling consensus to be achieved
- An innovative, analytical and problem solving skills with a track record in influencing senior decision makers as well as the ability to drive service and process adoption across both IT and the business
- Ability to understand, appreciate and use the unique contributions of associates of varied cultures, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, genders, ages, points of view, etc. and develop workforce diversity.
- Experience in career development, able to understand what motivates people and how to develop their skills and capabilities
- Confident, assertive and effective communicator able to target communications appropriately for all levels in the organisation
- Delivery focused and deadline driven
- Ability to gain consensus when faced with differing views
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.