Data Management AVP/ VP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Credit Suisse APAC Governance team, which provides steer to the division-wide adoption of best in class practices across Change-The-Bank projects, Design governance and the adoption of the Data Management Framework.
We seek an entrepreneurial talent to build up our practice in India working in tandem with the Singapore based teams enabling the functions, build the team, perform the knowledge and methods transfer as well as establishing a robust control environment.
Key responsibilities include:
1) Maintenance of Management Information, underlying data quality and related metrics
a) Capture and maintain metadata related to data quality issues management in the Group Data Quality Issues Management Solution (DQIM) in close cooperation with APAC Data Quality and Control team.
b) Monitor and maintain metadata related to data under governance (glossary and lineage metadata) in Group Data Glossary Solution (Colibra), supporting the APAC Data Governance team.
c) Perform supervisory checks on the underlying data in metadata repositories to ensure accuracy and completeness
2) PMO related activities
a) Support preparation of related governance meeting materials (APAC Data Governance Council, Group CDO Execution Board and Quarterly Data Review)
b) Engage in team specific initiatives such as development of specific metrics, delivery of the data quality analytics and monitoring for APAC CDO team
3) Organizational enablement
a) Lead the India based team to deploy over time prioritized activities from the above portfolio based on capacity management, talent sourcing, team priorities and development of the requisite processes and control framework.
b) In the inception phase, it is expected that the role would be roughly 70% focused on deployment of first prioritized activities and actual contribution by the selected individual in performing those and 30% in pursuing the organizational enablement. You Offer
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- 5 to 10 years' of proven experience in management consulting or in banking in project management, business management or COO / CDO role
- Understanding of financial products and services, especially in the Wealth Management or/and Investment Banking / Capital Markets industry
- Full proficiency in utilising technology to conduct effective data mining and analytics: Excel macros, formulas and Vlookups, experience with Tableau or an equivalent data analytics toolset and competitive skills in putting together presentation materials in Power Point. Strong analytical capabilities to form meaningful insights based on detailed data sets.
- Strong business partner with the ability to balance multiple viewpoints and influence the outcomes
- Solid skills in developing effective presentations targeting diverse business partners
- Self-starter, highly motivated and striving for highest standards of quality as well as readiness to focus and commit
- Demonstrated planning and communication skills with various partners of different levels
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.