Apps Lead Sybase, UNIX - Pune
An application portfolio owner is a broad role in the Product Control IT team within the Risk & Finance IT space to shape and drive BFO PnL applications and their delivery capabilities. You should develop a good understanding of the relevant CS applications, architecture, strategies and processes and work in collaboration with staff in the other locations and local vendor teams. The role has application and delivery ownership responsibility and will be closely involved in leading the overall life cycle of IT applications. The role will require building functional and technical application expertise and be a role-model of the Credit-Suisse delivery culture. You will play a crucial part in target state carbon implementation for the applications owned.
Our team is looking for an application portfolio owner for their BFO PnL applications, with strong technical skills in UNIX, SYBASE, Dot Net, Perl C++, Object Oriented Programming and following job responsibilities:
- Delve into details and drive the delivery of key projects & initiatives in the portfolio
- Demonstrate the benefit of delivery (functional, technical, strategic, efficiency & innovation).
- Demonstrate consideration of our key design principles (Defined Interfaces; Reusability; Performance; Scalability etc.)
- Strive for quality. Take extra care with technology driven change that it is of the highest quality and does not compromise functional components.
- Partner with Production Services & the leadership team in actively handling production performance & stability.
- Analyze, manage, and mitigate operational risks.
- Take responsibility for production and control issues. Ensure issues and control points are addressed in due time, realistically planned with no past dues or repeats. Log L3 support activity
- Ensure timely support for Audit including DATP, SOX & IHC controls & compliance.
- Actively look to extend your 3rd-line/QA support capability and expertise into new areas of the system(s)
- Plan, commit, and deliver tangible productivity gains at a team, project, and application level, specifically in the areas of CARBON, Agile, DevOps, etc.
- Support BDC Deployment and deliveries by collaborating effectively across the global team, being helpful and go beyond your scope to help out-of-region colleagues.
- Become familiar with the departmental innovation themes, look for active participation (POC's, hackathons, working-groups etc); demonstrate awareness and self-learning.
- Ensure efficient alignment and interaction between the BDC delivery organization and the teams in other regions; work across the vendor teams to drive up quality and productivity through operational excellence and continuous improvement; bring strategic focus and domain intelligence to the PCIT BDC Model
- Ensure stakeholder transparency into the execution of the roadmap across all dimensions (capability, quality, governance etc)
- Take the current agile maturity of applications forward; implement DevOps framework and help the team transition into carbon operating model
- Identify key roles and ensure succession plans are in place
- You hold a University degree (preferably in IT)
- You have 12-14 years of experience in analysis, design and development of applications in financial services industry
- You have prior experience in an investment bank (Finance domain) preferred
- You possess excellent technical skills (5 years+ recent experience) in PERL, UNIX, SYBASE, and Object Oriented Programming.
- You have had exposure to SDLC tools, such as: JIRA, Confluence, SVN/GIT, agile, DevOpss, team management, Dot Net/C++/PYTHON a major advantage
- Strong inclination to business, functional understanding
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and resourceful
- You have the ability to learn new technologies and implement innovative solutions
- You possess functional knowledge of product control PnL applications, funding calculations, and sub ledger concepts.
- You are ambitious, dedicated and hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards