Sr Research Analyst II
Markit's Bond Reference Data is a growing product within Markit's Reference Data offering. The Reference Data product services internal clients as well as external clients and is focused on developing a suite of Reference Data offerings for the broader marketplace
The successful candidate will form a key part of the Reference Data team responsible for maintaining the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of Markit's bonds product and services as well as supporting the questions and requests of our internal and external clients. Working closely with other functions within the wider global team - product management, business analysis, technology and testing - the role also includes enhancing the Bond Reference Data product offering. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in Noida, New York and London
Duties & accountabilities
- Data extraction through automated parsing tool from issuance documents & notices
- Understanding of regular expressions.
- Researching and updating of newly issued deals into the Markit database on a real time basis
- Coverage of international bond markets and expansion of the same.
- Understanding of regulatory space like ERISA/MIFID
- Operational maintenance of Reference data product.
- Delivery of set targets with desired quality parameters.
- Manage workflow of team in the absence of team leader.
- Identify data quality improvement projects.
- Identification of opportunities to enhance operational efficiency
- Identification of opportunities to enhance database coverage
- Manage client (internal and external) queries.
- Handle client escalations for the team.
- Data analysis.
- Liaise with counterparts/stakeholders globally and work as ambassador for the team.
- Work on root Cause analysis for data inconsistencies.
- User acceptance testing for new or enhanced product functionality.
- Must have general interest in financial markets, and be keen to expand knowledge.
- Working knowledge of corporate bonds and new bond issuance procedure is absolutely necessary.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
Education and experience
Graduate degree/ Post Graduate or equivalent in ideally Finance, Economics or Business Must
Understanding of fixed income securities and new bond issuance process.
Good knowledge of different types of fixed income debt and terms and conditions associated with them.
Strong Communication skills.
Intermediary knowledge of SQL, Excel & VBA is an added advantage
Understanding of Reference Data flow and should have good knowledge of Reference Data content.
Basic understanding of associated technology & tools associated with Reference Data. Desirable
Knowledge of 3rd party vendor feeds will be desirable
Must have a keen interest in finance and also be up to date with current global financial market news.
The candidate must be a self-starter, adapt to dynamics of the work environment, ability to multitask, meet tight timelines, hardworking, efficient with good analytical skills.
Must demonstrate superior communication skills (written and verbal) and is expected to interact professionally
Being a team player is a vital aspect of the position, and it is expected that the candidate will work well individually, as well as in a global team environment coordinating well within Team as well across other Teams
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.