Sr Developer-Data Lake
The person will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
Work closely with customers, business analysts, technology, and project team to understand business requirements, and then drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and technology strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Provide technical guidance to the development team through the full software life cycle. Responsibilities
Design and Build:
• Create low level design documents (including code samples/outlines) and detailed engineering specifications based on complex business, user and non-functional (e.g., performance, reliability, balance and controls) requirements.
• Write code, adhering to coding standards, procedures and techniques.
• Maintain integrity of existing program logic according to specifications. Complete project deliverables using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Actively participate in the code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications (including peer review and code review external to team).
• Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides. - Create and properly archive all project related documentation.
Test & Execute:
• Unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to quality assurance. - Quickly resolve all unit test issues.
• Assist quality assurance in identifying test cases and creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
• Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as developed code/program moves through the testing process and into production.
• Approve code to be put into production.
• Provide implementation/production support as required.
• Work in partnership with the project team and business to fully understand project goals and requirements and use this knowledge to effectively plan and execute the development process.
Asset Stewardship & Troubleshooting
• Improve the health of system assets by identifying enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption.
Process & Technical Guidance
• Guide the development team to consistently apply appropriate development principles and standards during all phases of the development lifecycle.
Maintain Skill Set & Relationships
• Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 4-7 years of hands on experience in Python and PySpark. Python as a language is practically usable for anything, we are looking for application Development and Extract/Transform/Load and Data lake curation experience using Python.
• Build PySpark applications using Spark Dataframes in Python using Jupyter notebook and PyCharm(IDE).
• Have experience working on moving, cleaning, preparing and cataloging data.
• Have experience working on data mapping techniques to easily migrate, ingest, process and manage data.
• Worked on optimizing spark jobs that processes huge volumes of data.
• Hands on experience in version control tools like Git.
• Worked on Amazon's Analytics services like Amazon EMR, Amazon Athena, AWS Glue.
• Worked on Amazon's Compute services like Amazon Lambda, Amazon EC2 and Amazon's Storage service like S3 and few other services like SNS.
• Experience/knowledge of bash/shell scripting will be a plus.
• Has built ETL processes to take data, copy it, structurally transform it etc. involving a wide variety of formats like CSV, TSV, XML and JSON.
• Experience in working with fixed width, delimited , multi record file formats etc.
• Good to have knowledge of datawarehousing concepts - dimensions, facts, schemas- snowflake, star etc.
• Have worked with columnar storage formats- Parquet,Avro,ORC etc. Well versed with compression techniques - Snappy, Gzip.
• Good to have knowledge of AWS databases (atleast one) Aurora, RDS, Redshift, ElastiCache, DynamoDB.
• Hands on experience in tools like Jenkins to build, test and deploy the applications
• Awareness of Devops concepts and be able to work in an automated release pipeline environment.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Ability to quickly perform critical analysis and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
• Strong academic background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong relationship building skills. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with Annuity and Insurance products and platforms.
• Proven ability to successfully translate client/business needs into software designs.
• Proven analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing limitations.
• Understand and apply both current technical solution elements (specific tools, components, and frameworks) and abstract elements (algorithms and architectures).
• Effectively applies technology/engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages.
• Good to have knowledge/hands-on experience on one or more programming languages like JAVA, .NET, C#, C++, COBOL etc. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.