Responsible for high availability of several suites of applications in the production environment. Prioritize work streams, lead root cause analysis, and work with application and technology subject matter experts to provide permanent fixes in the production environment. Our team reviews and interrogates changes being introduced into the production environment to assess potential risk to the applications.
This position requires a person who is a self-starter and thinks outside of the box and can handle multiple items at once.
This position will be a key member of the Corporate Systems Application team, a dedicated team of highly skilled technical resources supporting Corporate Systems on a 24/7 basis. Responsibilities Troubleshooting & Incident Management
- Manage service restoration/recovery of applications.
- Drive production incidents bridge calls for P1 and high priority P2 incidents
- Respond to incidents within SLA guidelines.
- Monitor emails for failures as necessary
- Ability to troubleshooting, perform log file analysis, perform SQL queries etc.
- Run production jobs/processes/batches as necessary.
- Take ownership when issues arise. Communications
- Appropriately turnover ongoing issues to others as necessary.
- Communicate to business owners when necessary.
- Attend meetings with business.
- Troubleshoot incidents with users. Diagnosis
- Perform problem diagnosis and problem resolution in one or more technologies within the technical area expertise.
- Recommend solutions for permanent fixes to improve application stability and resiliency. Review
- Review and approve production related changes upon risk assessments. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience in Technology Operations field
- 2-5 years of experience in Production Support or equivalent.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience in scripting language in Python/Powershell or Unix shell.
- Experience in monitoring tools like TWS, Dynatrace.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience or knowledge equivalent on Windows servers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore counterparts through Microsoft teams
- Ability to work different shifts/weekends as necessary to support team/projects. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of incident and change management processes, preferably with tool Service Now.
- Hands-on experience in AWS basic services like IAM, EC2, S3, Lambda etc.
- Workday Experience is a Plus.