Associate Software Engineer (Scala)
Duties & accountabilities
Candidate needs to:
• Work closely with the development team and highlight issues and risks proactively.
• Be delivery focussed. Participate in agile product development through all SDLC phases.
• Analyse business requirements, design, implement and test features. Understand non-functional requirements like performance, scalability etc. aspect of the application.
• Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions. Have a passion for technology and offer new ideas and approaches. Recommend product, process, and tooling improvements.
• Build high-quality, reusable code and libraries for future use in a timely and efficient manner.
• Embrace quality standards including: code conventions, code reviews, unit testing, static analysis and revision control. Coordinate with QA/QC staff for product functional and system testing.
• Maintain and support all areas of the application.
• Work in an individual capacity as well as in teams across geographies.
• Work under the general supervision of the Development Manager and take direction from other Team Leads within the organization where required.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.