Associate Software Engineer (Front-end web development)
Duties & accountabilities
Candidate needs to:
• Work closely with Product stakeholders and highlight issues and risks proactively.
• Participate in agile product development throughout SDLC phases
• Do hands-on development in the web application space utilizing software programming and user interface best practices and design patterns. Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Work closely with analysts to gather business requirements, understand the business problems and should be able to convert those into solutions.
• Interpret and analyse business use-cases into technical designs and development tasks, including ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
• Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions. Be able to recommend "best in class" solutions, designs or even outsourcing options.
• Be delivery focused, have a passion for technology and offer new ideas and approaches.
• Understand non-functional requirements like performance, scalability etc. aspect of the application.
• Develop software of highly quality and in time efficient manner.
• Organize peer reviews for designs, code, and other work products.
• Enforce quality standards including: code conventions, unit testing, static analysis, revision control.
• Coordinate with QA/QC staff for product functional and system testing.
• Recommend product, process, and tooling improvements.
• Maintain and support all areas of the application.
• Work as individual capacity and in teams across geographies.
• Meets with project team(s) regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
• Works under the general supervision of the Team Lead or Development Manager and may take direction from the other Team Leads within the organization and may provide indirect supervision to other personnel.
• Meets with appropriate personnel for periodic reviews of prototypes and final products.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.