Associate I Test Automation Engineer
Markit Dividend Forecasting service provides independent, discrete forecasts for dividend amounts and dates up to four years in the future. It covers over 12,000 stocks globally, including emerging markets, ADRs, and US listed ETFs.
Markit Dividend Forecasting is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills who can demonstrate experience in testing, QA and automation. The candidate should always foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities.
Being chiefly responsible for ongoing testing, QA and automation, this individual will interface in the planning of building great automation solutions major functionality, analysing business requirements, finding current gaps in test coverage, write test plans and test cases throughout the development life cycle based on business functional requirements.
Duties & accountabilities
- Analyze business requirements, finding current gaps in test coverage.
- Candidate should be Passionate about building great automation solutions.
- Write test plans and test cases throughout the development life cycle.
- Ensure test plans, thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases.
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests.
- Expertise in API test automation using frameworks such as Rest assured, Rest API, postman.
- Expertise in UI testing manual and automation using Selenium and Cucumber (for Angular front end).
- Develop test automation using automation tool/Frameworks, example: Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit along with maintaining and enhancing the automation test framework with automated smoke and regression test
- Database validations, good understanding of database platforms with hands-on experience in writing SQL Queries.
- Should have knowledge of programming language or Java (collections, string, OOPS concepts and File Handling).
- Work closely with software developers to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds.
- Manage defect tracking, monitor and report results.
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines.
- QA concepts in an agile environment, experience with in-sprint automation is a plus.
- Participate in a scrum team, agile format, using Jira and associated plug-ins to track tickets and deployments.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.