Relationship Credit Officer
- New Delhi, NCT, India
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Support sustainable growth of the South Asia portfolio by timely submission of New Client Credit Applications, Interim Reviews and Annual Reviews and portfolio monitoring.
- SA portfolio of USD 3.3billion comprises complex multiproduct / multi-jurisdictional clients with significant cross-network revenue potential. The portfolio is expected to grow rapidly given the APAC strategy. The incumbent needs to be comfortable partnering with senior business counterparts in originating and monitoring large complex cross-border transactions, and providing support to the Head of Credit – SA in managing a diverse and complex portfolio. Specific credit and market experience is a key requirement.
- Proactively drive discussions with Product, Coverage Team, other internal stakeholders and clients with the aim to thoroughly understand the rationale and justifications for all credit requests.
- Ability to rope in and address relevant issues from diverse product and industry perspectives and articulate to NEA Head and other credit and business seniors.
- Responsible for structuring lending transactions in line with Group appetite.
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative factors and ensure annual reviews and credit packages are on schedule and as per the bank’s policies.
- Spread and analyse financial statements in order to evaluate credit quality and portfolio risk.
- Recommend appropriate risk rating for the reviewed clients and record analysis and conclusions.
- Monitor on-going credit developments and compliance to credit conditions and loan agreement (i.e. Timely submission of required documents, market development that may have an impact on clients and the credit portfolio)
- Prepare financial and cash flow forecasts based on sound and justified assumptions.
- Manage the credit submission process for the allocated portfolio.
- Lead the quarterly portfolio analysis and drive action steps to improve the quality of the overall South Asia portfolio.
- Localise the Group Credit Policy and ensure the local country addendum covers all RBI requirements.
- Proactively identify and work with the Head of Credit – SA to propose remedial strategies for problem credits.
- Meet clients at senior levels (e.g. CFOs) to understand their business and industry, discuss specific transactions, seek general credit updates and formulate a credit opinion and strategy.
- Coordinate across the region and assist the Head of Credit – SA
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience preferably in first class international or major regional banks with a combination of credit analysis, preparation of credit application, risk/team/portfolio management, credit policy or frontline origination.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and identify key risks/ mitigants at transactional, product & industry sector level
- Proven financial analysis skills and ability to identify and evaluate credit risks in multiproduct/ multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Commercial aptitude, good at spreadsheets, financial modelling and cash flow projections.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Effective influencing skills to ensure proper structuring and deal approval across product and credit approval chains.
- Ability to manage one’s own time effectively and to work under pressure and independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage regulatory requirements