Vice President – Data Engineering & Technology
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Financial Markets Advisory Group (“FMA”) is an advisory unit that works with clients on complex issues related to the intersection of the balance sheet and the capital markets leveraging sophisticated analytics, data management and financial modeling capabilities. It is a cross-disciplinary team of capital markets, analytics, and data specialists, financial services experts and experienced project managers. The group was established in 2008 to address the unique challenges that arose globally as a consequence of the financial crisis. Since it’s founding, FMA has completed over 500 assignments for over 200 unique clients across the globe. The FMA team is regularly called upon to address our clients’ most unique challenges. FMA uses financial, experiential, educational and promotional incentives to attract, retain and develop some of BlackRock’s most outstanding talent. We presently conduct our activities through ~300 professionals located globally.
A successful candidate will work in a team environment to develop and implement solutions that address our clients’ business and regulatory needs. Our client base includes some of the largest, most sophisticated financial institutions in the world, as well as government institutions across the globe, providing diverse and challenging work experiences. The role will offer material opportunities for candidate to lead and execute the high-profile client mandates with regards to complex balance sheet, risk management and regulatory issues. The role also offers ownership and responsibility for production of key mandated client deliverables as well as participation in the drive to secure new client mandates through the production of presentations and other materials. An opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders within the firm or at client site in a multi-cultural and challenging work environment. The role will also require project related travels across geographies.
- Data Engineering and Technology: Lead execution of projects on data management and analytics including data architecture & framework development, data onboarding, quality control, analysis, visualization and enrichment supporting model and analytical components of broader advisory projects
- Strategic Advisory: Lead execution of the strategic advisory engagements, focused on balance sheet strategy, data management, stress testing and capital planning, risk and regulatory services, workflow management, and process improvement;
- Subject Matter Experts: Play an expert role on FMA data engineering, technology and modeling capabilities, staying current on latest industry developments and trends
- Collaboration with global engagement managers and project teams on overall project execution and content creation
- Work in close partnership with FMA leadership including senior management, business development leads and practice areas heads to support the business development, lead qualification, and strategic product development
- Source, train and develop talent, including customized modeling staff and technical writers, to support the function
- Liaise with the other functions of BlackRock on project execution, staffing and resourcing
Experience / Qualifications:
The candidate will be a seasoned professional who has demonstrated the ability to lead and execute projects related to data-driven analytics and statistical / financial modeling utilizing a range of technologies and tools. The ideal candidate will possess;
- 8-12 years of professional experience with global Banking, Financial Services, and Consulting firms
- Strong technical and coding background covering large scale data architecture and framework development, data engineering, and analytics expertise. Flexible to quickly switch from one technology to other. Strong hands-on experience required on some of the technologies we use - R/SAS/Python/VBA/SQL.
- Exposure to regulatory and stress testing for banks and financial institutions e.g. IFRS9, BASEL II/III, CCAR, PRA, PPNR, Balance Sheet Management/Optimization is desired
- Understanding of statistical concepts and financial modeling is a plus
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex methodologies and analytical content into clear messages for a range of client and internal audiences
- Bachelors/Masters in a relevant technical discipline: Computer Science; Math; Statistics; Engineering; Science; Management from top tier institutes
- Professional Certifications such as FRM, CFA or progress toward a plus
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity client facing environment
- Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills; mentors and coaches resources along the way; leads by example. Prior experience in managing strong teams of professionals is desirable
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently on complex advisory assignments
- Flexible to adapt quickly to different work cultures (read – European, US, Asian) and to travel extensively depending on project requirements
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- A keen interest in financial markets and a built-in drive to achieve superior performance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.