Sr. Java Stack Product Developer, Associate
Description About this role
Are you interested in an opportunity to build a technology platform that shapes the future of financial markets in Private Markets space?
We are the largest and most admired Asset Management Company, having AUM of $8 trillion (USD)!
Our technology Aladdin - empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
We - The Alternatives Systems (AS) group are collaborating to develop a first-to-market and best-in-class platform for private market investments. Our varied and results-oriented projects are currently focused on: the ability to seamlessly see Public and Private investments side-by-side and leverage Aladdin's capabilities for Alts. This is just one of many initiatives we're spear-heading to advance the firm's strategic priorities in Alts and to give joint eFront and Aladdin clients an integrated and powerful platform unlike any the industry has seen.
We are a team that recognizes strength comes from diversity and embrace technical expertise and curiosity equally. We are focused on delivering commercial outcomes and are passionate about building outstanding products.
You will be working with a local team and a diverse global team in evolving the technology direction of our upcoming suite of applications for Private Markets Responsibilities include:
Skills we look for:
- 100% hands on engineering, 100% impact
- Help write high-quality code across the full-stack to drive product forward.
- Being passionate about multiple aspects of enterprise software development - Performance, Scale, Resilience, User Delight and Maintainability
- Participate in a scaled agile team - sprint grooming, product increments, retrospectives, demos, and actively share knowledge across a distributed team.
- Speak up when identifying issues and roadblocks.
- Strive for continuous improvement through code reviews and give feedback to help the team grow
- Grow: be better every single day, through bringing your whole self to work, and being you
- Be a part of an outstanding team through collaboration with tech leads to make stack and architecture decisions, and by bringing a diverse opinion to the discussion
Experience and Qualifications: (5 - 8 years):
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Java, Spring Framework, SQL, Linux is a must
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. Sybase) and NoSQL distributed storage technologies (e.g. Cassandra8)
- Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
- Extensive Service-Oriented Architecture patterns, service APIs and design knowledge and familiarity with cloud based services and platform integrations
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, GitLab CI, Azure DevOps
- Experience using Agile methodologies - previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience of code refactoring, test-driven development, software optimization, performance tuning, building tools and testing frameworks
- Experience writing clean code and DRY code in Java
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills, an ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, and take initiative
- Experience with building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Forward-thinking & project orientated; able to demonstrate ability to initiate, undertake and complete projects, whilst providing transparency on progress and challenge
- Passionate about new technologies and working in a fast-paced team environment to inspire change.
- Effective communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering preferred. Nice to have:
- Some experience or a real interest in finance, investment or portfolio management processes
- Experience with cloud (Azure preferred), cloud native development (Kubernetes, Docker) and distributed computing technologies like Apache Ignite
- Experience with either front-end web development (such as Angular, Type Script, React)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.