Risk Management Consultant
- Competitive Salary
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 18 Feb 19
The Risk Management Consultant is a critical position within the Global Customer Risk Team, supporting the Financial Institutes Group (FIG) business' ability to understand its customer base and make sound risk decisions. The position is based in Mumbai and will report to the Regional Risk Officer. This position will be working closely with relationship managers, risk managers, and customers of FIG India and Bangladesh.
The Risk Management Consultant may call on financial institution customers with the relationship teams in the region; and ensure appropriate compliance issues are discussed, documented, and managed. He/she will act as a point of contact for inquiries from other functional teams in FIG Control Group and Financial Crimes Risk Management Department.
Candidates should support our focus on building deep customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs, which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite, and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Ensuring the business is collecting and documenting customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence according to corporate policy and FIG procedure.
- Ensuring the complete, accurate, and timely documentation of customer data within the customer risk management system.
- Stay attuned to industry and regional trends related to compliance issues, financial crimes, and sanctions; and proactively identify risk issues and work with senior relationship managers/risk managers to develop, document, and implement appropriate action plans.
- Responsible for the risk evaluation and decision of customer information, negative news, and complex financial activity.
- Responsible for providing detailed risk analysis of the FIG customer portfolio.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in financial industry and/or compliance risk management, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Anti-Money Laundering.
- Strong English communication, both verbal and written.
- Exposure to and understanding of South Korea and APAC markets will be an advantage.
- Ability to work and improvise independently.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work in a complex and rapidly changing environment.