Operational Risk Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services
Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
WFEGS Control Team is accountable for assessing and ensuring effective management of associated risks for Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services. About Role
The WFEGS Business Control Lead for Legal will be required to:
- Work with Enterprise Legal function and provides operational risk consulting for risk initiatives and remediation activities.
- Evaluate the applicability & effectiveness of applicable policies, procedures, processes and internal controls required to ensure compliance with legal entity requirements & compliance to laws of the land.
- Conduct independent risk management reviews with primary focus on compliance to local laws for both India and Philippines.
- Identify operational risk issues and assign risk ratings consistent with established policies and standards.
- Consult & engage with Legal function, Control partners and other independent risk management teams to develop corrective action plans
- Collaborate with your peers and compliance teams to support regulatory review, audits and other compliance activities as developed and defined.
- Manage and/or coordinate production of periodic operational risk performance reports for EGS Control senior management.
- Perform and lead Risk Assessment including Evaluation of control design and effectiveness in accordance with relevant Wells Fargo Enterprise Policies and Procedures
- Produce point of views on identified risk areas and credibly challenge frontline when gaps/deviations are identified that are in non-compliance with an existing policy or regulatory requirement
- Adapt to change while prioritizing effectively and delivering high quality work in tight timeframes.
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications
- Must be a graduate of a 4-year course, preferably from a CS/LLB program with overall 8-10 years of experience comprising 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Legal, Finance & Taxation, Audit and 1-2 years in operational risk management.
- Knowledge and understanding of various Corporate Laws including but not limited to Company law, Tax laws, SEZ laws for both India & Philippines and a fair understanding of new laws proposed by the authorities (like data privacy, code of wages etc).
- Ability to work both independently and within team environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyse the legal requirements, draw conclusions around applicability and communicate recommendations to business leaders.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Broad knowledge of risks being faced by financial institutions today, including information security, third party providers, privacy, BCP/technology recovery, Information Life Cycle Management, and other domain risks.
- Highly proactive, able to work both independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with virtual and/or geographically dispersed teams.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.