Market Risk Manager
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Acting as the risk manager within the Risk Appetite, Emerging & Pension Risk team as part of the Enterprise Risk Group. You will be encouraged to coordinate with several key inter and intra departments. Further to being responsible for delivering the comprehensive Risk Appetite Allocation for Credit Suisse Group and Parent and for the further development of the team's framework with respect to firm-wide strategic objectives.
Working collaboratively to ensure an integrated bank-wide approach is in place across all organizational dimensions.
Working for a high profile work-stream which will seek to deliver and further develop the Framework for CS. It is concerned with figuring out the types and levels of risk to which the Bank is willing to be exposed in order to achieve our financial objectives. Collaboratively working with the businesses, risk specialists and senior CRO executives is crucial to the successful delivery of the frameworks.
- Allocating risk appetite from Credit-Suisse Group to legal entities/ branches and divisions
- Coordinating with senior business partners(i.e. Divisional/LE CROs, Finance & Business) to explain risk metric movements and drivers of the various models used within Risk; be able to demonstrate risk model linkage to capital, earnings, limit setting and processes.
- Dedicated to preparing high quality presentations and analysis for a diverse audience from senior management, to risk management committees and non-risk forums
- Committed to researching and developing appropriate methodologies and processes to establish Risk Appetite for CS, including updating of policies, procedures and risk appetites statements
- Preparing various regulatory submission material on the Framework to FINMA, Fed and other supervisory colleges
- Exhibiting strong business partner management skills to ensure that task owners deliver on their commitments
- Understanding movements and drivers of risk metrics down to the business line and product level, and discuss this level of detail within Risk to ascertain the trading strategy behind such positioning
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- A degree-level education (or equivalent experience) in a numerate discipline. Professional or post-graduate qualifications within a relevant field i.e. ACA/ACCA, CFA, PhD would be an added advantage
- Proficiency of broad risk measurement frameworks, including Market Risk (e.g. VaR) or Credit Risk management along with Outstanding product knowledge across a variety of products in Private/Retail Banking or to Investment Banking. Proficiency of Internal Capital Models such as Stress Testing or Economic Risk Capital frameworks.
- Understanding of balance sheet accounting consolidation/non-consolidation rules, firm-level financial ratios and typical strategic financial objectives/targets
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English, and experience in producing formal high quality documentation
- Ability to operate autonomously, in a fast paced environment to drive a project/task forward and produce an end state product that can be presented to senior management with minimal required revision
- Knowledge of other areas such as Liquidity Risk or Capital Management would also be an additional asset and experience within a risk department of a large bank or a consultancy firm
- Ideally, experience in limit setting and in the design or implementation of Risk Appetite and wider Risk Frameworks, or previous experience in an Enterprise Risk function
- You are ambitious, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards