Jun. Market Risk Manager
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
This role will be part of Stress Testing and Risk Frameworks, within Credit Suisse (CS) Group Enterprise and Operational Risk Management (EORM). Stress Testing and Risk Frameworks is located in Zurich, in London, in Warsaw and in Mumbai. In our team, you will report to the Scenario Design Team Leader in Mumbai. The individual appointed will become part of the seven member Scenario Design team in Mumbai. There are also two team members based in London, including the Head of Scenario Design.
Stress Scenario Design, within Stress Testing and Risk Frameworks, uses quantitative tools, qualitative analysis, and extensive syndication to develop stress scenarios for the CS Group. The output and analysis of stress scenarios is presented to senior management and to the CS Board. The business focus is Stress Tests performed for CS Group and for CS Business Divisions. Support for the development of stress scenarios for CS Legal Entities will also be required.
The key business partners will be the CS Group's head regulator (FINMA) as well as CS Board and CS senior management, in particular the Chief Risk Officers of CS Divisions. Accordingly, this role will eventually offer significant exposure to senior management. Moreover, the role is within one of the critical areas of CS - Stress Testing. Stress Testing is viewed internally within CS as an integral risk management and business-planning tool and not just as a regulatory requirement. The role will lead to a detailed understanding of the CS Group stress-testing framework in terms of risk coverage and methodologies applied.
You will need to accomplish the following core tasks:
- Design new stress scenarios and keep relevant existing scenarios, as external conditions evolve and to ensure that material CS risks and exposures are captured.
- Develop stress scenarios using quantitative expansion models.
- Supplement the use of quantitative expansion models with qualitative experienced judgement, which references stress events that have occurred in the past and brainstorms how the markets and economy may plausibly react in the future.
- Help to drive syndication and agreement on stress scenario assumptions with the CS Economic Research fraternity, with CS risk managers across all the asset classes, with model owners, and with CS Businesses.
- Dedicated to supporting the production of regular high quality updates on emerging external risks.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- You possess a strong quantitative background, such as a degree in finance or in statistics.
- Experience of mathematical modeling and forecasting tools, although mainly as a user rather than as a builder.
- Data modelling and database management skills, including some coding skills to facilitate automation.
- An awareness of Market Risk and/or Credit Risk management issues.
- Strong communication skills to explain complex issues in a simple way.
- Possess good facilitation skills to lead projects from start-to-finish and to tight deadlines.
- An understanding of traded, banking book and credit risks, most likely gained through working in a risk function in a financial institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally some experience in translating macro economic and market concepts into plausible risk factor shocks in hypothetical stress scenarios.
- Ideally some data-base management and coding experience to facilitate automation. An outstanding understanding of the markets, of the economy and of economic data.
- Experience writing forward-looking analysis on the markets, on the economy and on risk management issues.
- Some experience managing junior members of a team.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards