Investment Services Associate - MUM
Description About this role
GAAPS Alternatives | Associate Investment Services | Mumbai
Global Accounting and Product Services ("GAAPS"): Alternatives Operations supports BlackRock Alternative Investments ("BAI") and over $140B of assets globally. BAI takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with varied correlations to the equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge funds of funds, single strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Team Overview
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! This team is part of the Global Alternative Investment Services team within Business Operations. The core focus of the team is to provide consistent data capture related to our alternatives platform, and dissemination of the data to various consumers. Role Responsibility
- Provide onboarding support for the data capture of alternative products and investment types, which includes: sourcing data from legal documents and received from third parties, and coordinating input of data into internal systems;
- Assist in the design of the onboarding of alternative funds and investments process; including design of investment/trade, cash management, valuation, PnL recognition and reconciliation processes and system implementation;
- Facilitate with trading support and execution functions for private investment funds, including monitoring internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely execution;
- Foster a relationship with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to transmit and receive product and asset related data, and resolve operational issues, as identified;
- Prepare process documentation and controls for the team's core responsibilities, and ensure they are updated and reviewed regularly;
- Participate in other group projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have 3-7 years' experience in the fields of data management, operations, accounting and/or administration with a focus on alternative investment funds. A master's degree in Accounting or Finance is helpful.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of alternative investment products, including single manager hedge funds, structured products, private equity funds and complex capital and investment structures;
- Self-motivated, dedicated, able to change directions quickly, and capable of working well with strong personalities;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Proficient Excel skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.