IT Business Analyst (Front Office)
We require an accomplished business analyst with in-depth experience of completing detailed business process analysis and requirement gathering to enable the delivery of complex software development projects.
Within this role, the candidate will be responsible for understanding and verifying business cases for change, completing business process analysis, and defining business requirements, functional requirements and design.
This will be executed across multiple projects within the trading division. The candidate will manage relationships and expectations with business stakeholders and sponsors and support development and test teams throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
The candidate will be expected to apply structured analysis and problem solving in areas they maybe not have business domain knowledge and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Proven ability to act as a bridge between the business and highly technical developers located in remote offices, translating business concepts into requirements that are implementable
- Expected to have 7+ years' experience of business analysis in a Front Office commercial environment (preferably commodity trading)
- Broad knowledge of commodity trading, ideally physical commodities
- Expected to be a domain expert in:
- Position management and mark-to-market / profit & loss
- Pricing and risk, including real-time valuation
- Expected to have domain knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Physical commodity trading terms & lifecycle
- Position & risk management for physical commodity trading
- Trade Capture for Physical commodity and derivative transactions
- Commercial PnL for physical commodity and derivative trading
- Cost and Income estimation/accruals, reconciliation and month end process
- Experience of system solutions that support the following:
- Physical Trading (e.g. Openlink or Allegro)
- Reporting (e.g. Business Objects or QlikView)
- Demonstrable ability to drive business process changes - challenging current business practices, working with key business process personnel
- Experience of a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, iterative development)
- Experience of defining requirements for interfaces between application components or systems and support in the development and testing thereof
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to self-manage and regularly prioritise and plan activities across multiple project work streams
- Strong academic background - excellent degree from a top tier university is required in a subject that demonstrates the need for logical thinking, precise understanding and clear articulation
Key Attitudes / Competencies:
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business stakeholders
- Primary responsibility is the determination & clear articulation of business requirements for the front office area of commodity trading
- Responsible for clearly articulating target business processes and the business requirements and functional design to enable change
- Work with the functional architecture team to determine the design of a solution, including screen design & usability to optimise business processes
- Key point of functional escalation for technical and QA teams during requirement development & testing
- Quality assurance of any technical requirements produced by off-shore teams against business requirements produced through business engagements
- Support change management and training teams to prepare business stakeholder for process and functional change
- Detail story elaboration to enable the system development
- Support development teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support quality assurance teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Provide third line support for production issues.
- Able to plan, track and direct activities through to completion
- Delivery focused
- Develop and maintain close relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Team worker, mentoring of Junior IT Business Analysts
- Good communicator, engaging and able to work with offshore teams across various time zones
Ability to make decisions & thrive in a fast-paced environment
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Robust collaborative relationship with architects, developers, project managers & other business analysts
- Testing and training groups
Trafigura is committed to building and maintaining world class IT applications and infrastructure. The Trading IT group directly supports the Trafigura trading business, and this business has started a far-reaching programme to enhance and improve its trading applications using an innovative architecture to support business growth across the full range of business lines and geographies, and to enable the sharing of systems across different businesses.
This programme is aimed at delivering functional capabilities, enhancements and technical infrastructure upgrades to enable continued business growth and enhanced profitability for the firm. Entity
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle.
The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa , Middle East and Asia-Pacific.