IT - Java Technical Lead
•\tParticipate in strategic planning discussions with technical and business stakeholders and is the single point of contact delivery partner for single or multiple sub-systems for global techno-functional product owner.
•\tArchitect and design solutions and guide the vendor teams to implement the solution as per the architecture and design.
•\tBe hands-on master developer on the system and coach developers of the vendors. Pair program with new developers on an existing system to build their capability.
•\tIdentify gaps in technical design, functional requirements, in the team members and work towards closing those gaps to ensure high quality software is delivered to meet business goals.
•\tHelp implement a continuous learning culture within the vendor teams to build their capability the sub-system(s) he or he is leading.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Technical Skillsets
- Several years of hands-on distributed systems development using J2EE application stack, front-to-back messaging infrastructure and Oracle. Preferable with complex financial systems, logistics or complex systems integrations.
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and object oriented designing techniques.
- Minimum 8-10 years of hands-on coding experience with following technologies - Java, J2EE, Oracle, working with any of the messaging technology (MQ, TIBCO etc).
- Understands different programming languages and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
- Expert level understanding of object oriented design and development.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems using tools like Splunk, AppDynamics or the likes.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with developing end-to-end complex systems with a multi-national or complex technology driven firm in India.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with outsourced vendor partners is BIG plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics or Mathematics is required.
- Understanding of Commodities, Logistics, Financing, Accounting or Derivatives is a BIG plus.
- Strong oral and written communications with strong inter-personal skills to collaborate with vendor teams and global IT owners with attention to micro level details.
- Must be acclimatized working and dealing with client managers / senior management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong change management skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges
- Operate as a delivery partner in the 3-in-box operating model and partner with global techno-functional stakeholders and vendor technical teams to deliver strategic business objectives.
- Own the BAU delivery and product support for the business systems he or she is assigned to.
- Coach and Mentor the vendor developers for the assigned work stream.
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships:
- External : Strategic outsourcing partners.
- Internal : Technical and Functional partners and stakeholders based in UK, Geneva, China etc.
TGS Trading IT is responsible for front-to-back delivery of various applications that enable Trafigura's Oil & Metal's trading Entity
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle.
The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa , Middle East and Asia-Pacific.