Credit Specialist, ENO/AVP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- The role requires a good level of diligence and efficient support in day-to-day activities as delineated below. The role broadly involves pre-screening of credit proposals in the Private Banking division of Credit Suisse India, documentation for approved credits, credit monitoring, preparation of various MIS and Regulatory reports and co-ordinating with auditors/inspection teams.
- Direct reporting locally to the Private Banking : Credit Risk Management (CRM) as well as close collaboration/communication with Front Office/Credit Advisors, Credit Control (Singapore), Credit Analytics Team (Powai) as well as other business partners like General Counsel, Compliance, Operations, Finance, IT, etc.
Credit Transactions & Policy related
- Pre-screening of credit proposals from Private Banking India Credit Policy perspective, including credit bureau checks, SMA (RBI) checks, RoC prior charge checks, security set-up in PB system (Finacle)/Host along with Std. LTV & security pricing.
- Risk Ratings based on C-Risk and LAM (Lombard Analysis Model).
- Completing counterparty/credit analysis and collateral analysis, and arrive at appropriate recommendations for PB transactions.
- Reviewing and updating of credit policies regularly
Credit/Security Documentation & Finacle related activities
- Upon Credit Approvals, preparation and issuance of Credit/Security documentation with the terms & conditions fully captured, in line with the approval terms (in close co-ordination with General Counsel Department) and as per Private Banking policy standards.
- Post document execution, co-ordination with Credit Control, Singapore for verification and limit set-ups
- Tracking all security pledges and reflection of collaterals prior to drawdown of facility.
- Authorising facility drawdowns, subject to completion of all documentation & adequate collateral value.
- In case the credit documentation is not complete before a credit draw down, ensure that an accurate credit authorisation, mitigating circumstances and the exception, is noted, accurately documented & followed up for timely closure.
- Preparing & issuing of any subsequent documentation : for additional securities, swap of pledged securities
- Documenting issuance pertaining to interest rate resets
- Authorising interest rate reset for tranches, subject to adequate documentation/timely review of facilities & adequate collateral values.
- Comprehensive loan portfolio maintenance & monitoring
- Reviewing LTVs in Private Banking system per approval terms, and subject to C-Risk & other risk acceptance criteria and in alignment with Credit Policy
- Tracking the status of all pending credit documentation for those accounts where these are incomplete and ensuring timely completion/perfection of these documents.
MIS & Reports
- Preparation of Credit Risk Management MIS reports from time to time.
- Preparation of various Regulatory Reports from time to time.
- Providing hand-offs on various MIS reports/ Regulatory Reports to other partners (including Finance, Operations, etc.) from time to time.
Projects/New Business Initiatives
- Provide the required support for any ongoing projects/New Business initiatives.
- Identify potential risks and suggest improvements regarding controls, systems in use.
Training & Self Education
- Undertake the required self e-learnings/training from time to time.
- Carry training sessions for Front Organisation (including RMs/ARMs) and other business partners (related to tasks undertaken) as & when required.
- Keeping abreast with market information and intelligence in order to better analyse portfolios of securities held as collateral.
- Being prepared for new challenges in a constantly evolving and volatile market environment.
- Being aware of new bank products and services and being able to estimate the impact of these new products on a credit exposure and its underlying collateral portfolio.
Communications & working relationships
- Credit Advisor/Relationship Managers for account related activities, including monitoring the health of client accounts and making certain timely and accurate follow-up action are done
- ARMs for all client related documents/KYCs and any document pendency
- Legal Department for all non-standard document related inputs
- Compliance Department, to ensure adherence to compliance and statutory requirements
- Operations for all operational issues
- Credit Control (Hong Kong) for smooth execution of credit authorisation/closure of all pending documents
- PB IT for any system related issues/improvements, etc.
- Collateral Valuation Team in Zurich/Singapore/Powai
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- You are a Graduate/Post-Graduate with specialisation in Finance.
- You have a proven 4-6 years’ experience in Risk Management of which at least 1-2 years in Credit Risk Management.
- Experience in handling Regulatory Reporting & MIS preparation, co-ordinating External Audits; Internal Audits and Inspections.
- Experience in preparation of credit documentation and/or working knowledge of FINACLE Core Banking system shall be an added advantage.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and MS Power-point.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Can liaise with business and technical teams of all levels.
- Ability to liaise with all levels including senior management.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.