Associate, RFP and Data Management
Description About this role Job Purpose/Background:
The Global Consultant Relations ("GCR") group is responsible for driving new business and maintaining existing business through relationships with institutional investment consultants, request for proposals (RFPs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs). GCR is represented across the US & Canada, EMEA, and APAC.
The DDQ team works closely with both product and sales team globally and presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to these areas of the business and to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the products we manage.
The team delivers high quality, consistent and cohesive quantitative and qualitative information to clients and consultants.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills and previous experience working in a fast-paced global financial services firm on DDQs and RFPs and similar documents. Key Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Managing and writing DDQ / RFP responses about our firm, support model and value proposition
- Responsible for consultant database maintenance and updating information like portfolio performance, characteristics, assets under management and personnel data across all investment products
- Liaising with subject matter experts at all levels throughout the business to source information, as well as completing client due diligence questionnaires.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of DDQs including quality oversight / peer reviews.
- Manage workload successfully and assist other team members when required.
- Proactively communicate potential issues.
- Contributing to the evolution of RFP processes, technology, projects and resources
- Relevant experience in investment management/asset management or financial industry
- Have in-depth understanding of capital markets instruments (like equities, fixed income, derivatives) and the trading lifecycle
- Hands on experience on Proposal Management or Pre-Sales activity
- Organized and detail-oriented with critical reading and editing skills, strong time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrate proactiveness in efficiency and capacity-building initiatives.
- Team player with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both locally and across geographies.
- High level of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Strong familiarity with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and RFP software (Pmaps, Qvidian, RFPIO)
- Postgraduate - MBA (Finance) or equivalent; CFA / FRM certification will be an added advantage.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.