Associate Data Operations
Description About this role
- Deliver high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, resolve problems, and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Execute on outlier exceptions on a day-to day basis and identify areas that warrants technical improvements
- Gain broad experience in Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, and Alternatives, across the vast global investment marketplace.
- Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Investigate and resolve complex and intricate issues and perform adhoc analysis of large data sets while meeting timelines.
- Develop deep grasp of the data factory production in order to work with people across on initiatives for Data Operations
- Initiate and drive platform and process innovations to support new business needs, minimize risk, enhance quality, and navigate the changing markets.
- Show desire to work in a constantly evolving, changing and significant environment.
- Triage incident and bring require audience to investigate and resolve incident
- Bachelor's Degree is required, with preference to business disciplines such as Finance, or Economics, and technical disciplines such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- A great teammate able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem-solving demeanor.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, UNIX, or Python is a plus; desire to expand technical expertise preferred.
- Basic knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments is a plus.
- ITIL experience - Service Now platform and PagerDuty
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.