Associate, Cyber Risk
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps is a leader in cyber investigations, incident response, and breach notification. With a global footprint, our team of forward-thinking experts supports clients with innovative digital resources and strategies in cyber risk prevention, investigations and reporting. Kroll's deep investigative experience, grounded in complex risk management challenges, has been an advantage to Kroll clients since 1972. You can rely on us to bring the same tenacity, foremost specialists, uncommon resources and multidisciplinary team approach to complex cyber problems. Our holistic approach combines the most advanced technical expertise with deep insight into the integral role that humans play in every cyber incident. With the ability to draw on the wealth of expertise of Kroll colleagues throughout the world, we deliver cyber-related services through three broad practices.
We are looking for bright, inquisitive minds who are experienced in and passionate about modern cyber threat hunting and response. Our Cyber Security Monitoring and Response analysts use leading endpoint and network monitoring tools to identify, analyses, and respond to a variety of threats and threat actors impacting systems and networks around the globe.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing daily threat hunting, detection and analysis of events generated by advanced endpoint monitoring solutions and related security tools.
- Writing of basic threat reports associated with significant events.
- Assist in ongoing research, development, and testing of enhanced threat detection techniques and indicators.
- Conduct basic forensic, malware triage and sandbox analysis.
- Low level understanding of Windows operating system architecture fundamentals (NTFS, registry, processes, binaries, DLL's, etc.) and administration. Similar understanding of MacOS and/or Linux a plus.
- Understanding of common malware behavior and persistence mechanisms.
- Working knowledge of various scripting languages and/or security and malware analysis tools such as: Python, Ruby, Unix Shell, PowerShell, Yara,
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and related networking concepts.
- Prior experience managing or analyzing output from endpoint threat detection products such as Carbon Black, Splunk or other SIEM solutions, intrusion detection solutions, or related security products preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of information security basics especially in the realm of security incident response
- Relevant cyber security certifications including GCIA, GCIH, GCWN, CISSP, GREM a plus.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.