Associate – Data Engineering & Technology
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Financial Markets Advisory Group (“FMA”) is an advisory unit that advises financial institutions, regulators and government entities on their most critical and often most complex financial issues, related to balance sheet and capital markets as well as a wide range of other strategic, regulatory and operational challenges. FMA provides a differentiated range of advisory services by leveraging the firm’s capital markets, data and risk analytics, technology and financial modeling capabilities.
The group was established in 2008 to address the unique challenges that arose globally as a consequence of the financial crisis. Since inception, FMA has completed over 650 assignments for over 250 unique clients in over 35 countries.
FMA has over 280 professionals who bring to bear their substantial practitioner experience across banking, financial regulation, and consulting to address our clients’ strategic needs. Our team consists of seasoned financial advisory professionals, deep financial asset-class & capital markets experts, former regulators, modeling and analytics specialists, data scientists, financial & statistical modelers, project execution leads and strategy consultants.
A successful candidate will work in a team environment to develop and implement solutions that address our clients’ business and regulatory needs. Our client base includes some of the largest, most sophisticated financial institutions, regulators as well as government institutions across the globe, providing our Associates with diverse and challenging work experiences. The role will offer substantial opportunities for the candidate to execute high-profile client mandates on complex balance sheet, risk management and regulatory issues. The role also offers ownership and responsibility for production of key mandated client deliverables as well as participation in the drive to secure new client mandates through production of client pitch decks and other materials. The role will also provide opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders within the firm or at client sites in a multi-cultural and challenging work environment. The role will also provide global travel opportunities to work at client locations.
- Responsible for execution of advisory engagements, focused on balance sheet, risk management, stress testing and capital planning. Gradually move towards owning individual work streams within a project and assist VPs / Directors in project execution and client management
- Drive execution on project work streams requiring quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, financial modeling, generation of data driven insights or data enrichment, including integrating, consolidating, cleansing and structuring data (using R/SAS/Python/VBA/SQL)
- Provide domain knowledge on risk management, data management, risk data framework, or broader analytical components of advisory projects
- Help manage global projects and take ownership in maintaining high quality standards of client deliverables
- Support preparation of presentations and reports for communicating project results and pitching new business including secondary research
- Mentor junior team members to facilitate their continuous learning and development and train them on the areas of expertise
- Enforce BlackRock’s fiduciary culture of providing the highest quality service to our clients
- Connect and collaborate with other FMA members as well as other BlackRock team members globally in close partnership to generate top quality work product and client deliverables
Experience / Qualifications:
The candidate will be a seasoned professional who has demonstrated the ability to execute projects related to data-driven analytics or financial/ statistical modeling utilizing a range of statistical tools. The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-6 years of professional experience with global Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting firms
- Strong technical background covering risk management, risk framework development or analytics.
- Strong hands-on experience required on R/SAS/Python/VBA/SQL.
- Hands-on experience of developing and integrating models, calculators and data for product / enterprise planning, forecasting and stress-testing
- Understanding of the banking sector including knowledge of bank balance sheet management, risk types such as credit, market operational and liquidity risks and different asset classes is a plus
- Exposure to regulatory and stress testing for banks and financial institutions across multiple geographies e.g. IFRS9, BASEL II/III, CCAR, PRA, ECB, PPNR is a plus
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex methodologies and analytical content into clear messages for a range of client and internal audiences
- Bachelors/Masters in a relevant technical discipline: Computer Science; Math; Statistics; Engineering; Science; Management from top tier institutes
- Professional Certifications such as FRM, CFA or progress toward a plus
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity client facing environment
- Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills; mentors and coaches resources along the way; leads by example.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently on complex advisory assignments
- Flexible to adapt quickly to different work cultures (read – European, US, Asian) and to travel depending on project requirements
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- A keen interest in financial markets and a built-in drive to achieve superior performance.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.