Associate/Analyst,Internal Audit - Strategy Analytics and Operations - Reporting Team
Description About this role
Internal Audit at BlackRock
Internal Audit's primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock's businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock's individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit's work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams "At a Glance"
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms.
SAO (Strategy, Analytics & Operations)
Supporting the entire Audit department is the Strategy, Analytics and Operations team. There are two main functions:
• Strategy and Operations: This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The SAO team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
• Data Analytics (DA): This team leverages BlackRock data and various data science, business intelligence, and analytics methods to support the activities of the audit department. The DA team participates in both business and technology audit execution, builds and maintains an inventory of self-service tools for the auditors, supports the risk assessment and annual planning process, and helps manage the department's operations through the development of impactful management information. The DA team is a driver of innovation for the department and helps auditors gain efficiencies and insights through the work that they do.
The Unique Qualities We Look For
The Internal Audit team at BlackRock is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire highly motivated, hard-working, self-starting and collaborative team members around the globe. We are seeking people who are eager to learn about the various businesses as BlackRock, and we offer a unique career path for qualified individuals.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. The Metrics and Reporting team, part of the Strategy, Analytics and Operations team, is looking for detail-oriented, self-starters who are eager to get involved in the design, development, production and roll-out of all metrics and reporting used to monitor and manage the operations of the department. We value creativity and encourage our team members to identify and help to implement efficiencies and enhancements to our existing reporting.
This role is part of a dynamic and rapidly evolving team that is responsible for the design, development, production and roll-out of all metrics and reporting used to monitor and manage the operations of the department. The team is also responsible for driving the execution and delivery of all internal and external reporting, including all global Board materials, and is the primary liaison with our second line control partners to manage and coordinate on plans to keep the calendar of activities across the platform up to date on a monthly basis and facilitate quarterly reporting to senior business executives as requested. The person applying for this role must embrace a fast-paced environment and be energized by helping to drive continuous improvement.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Work on all aspects of Audit's global reporting to executive management, governance committees, external regulators and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Activities may include managing the timelines, summarizing key messages, ensuring consistent messaging throughout all the global reports, performing quality control and ensuring high quality materials.
• Continuously improve the quality and efficiency of key metrics and reporting deliverables. Activities may include further automating manual process and implementing controls to further uplift the reporting process and helping to enhance dashboards to deliver more value and insights.
• Responsible for the production and automation of routine metrics / KPIs for the department and help build out new metrics/tools as appropriate.
• Analysis of data to help identify patterns, understand root cause for data anomalies and create solutions for improvement, where required.
• Evaluate the results of audits, regulatory examinations, and other key data to help develop key messages.
• Work closely with Data Analytics and SAO Applications team to establish roadmap on future reporting analytics and requirements to develop next generation of dashboards and reports.
• Maintain and update reporting procedures.
• Assist with Audit application maintenance and other ad hoc requests.
• Performs special projects as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or Business Management (or similar focus area) is preferred. BA/BS (or equivalent) is required.
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in Audit and/or Financial Services is a plus.
• Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail.
• Commitment and strong work ethic; demonstrates willingness to put in extra time and effort, if needed.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners.
• Prior experience in managing / executing reporting processes is a plus.
• Strong competency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, is required.
• Knowledge of business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau) and RSA Archer products is a plus. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.