Application Support Engineer, Technology
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support of Application Stack hosted in AWS and Azure Cloud environments, on-premise and 3rd Party Data Centers.
- Provide rotational and out of hours support as needed on an on-call basis
- Handle testing, changes, deployment on dev, stage and production environment within SLAs
- Identify new processes or modify existing processes to improve efficiencies in the support and monitoring of the department's Application suite
- Assume responsibility for bug fix and small change requests on specified Applications
- Additional development activities anticipated (NB: whilst development opportunities are anticipated once the team is established, this is NOT a development role)
- Ensure that the team follow company standards and industry best practice approaches to Development activities
- Continuously evaluates the design, functionality and performance of supported Applications and makes thoughtful and significant recommendations for improvements
- Ensure Transition and Support documentation is fit for purpose, to a high standard and kept up to date
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- 3 years + experience in an Application Support Environment
- Practical experience of transitioning Apps into a Production Support environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), organizational and prioritization skills
- Must have Knowledge of
- Knowledge and experience in supporting large scale client facing applications and online platforms
- Knowledge of Web and Windows Based Technologies, IIS, Windows Server
- MVC architecture and Entity Frameworks an advantage
- Knowledge of .NET development toolsets, ASP.NET, .Net WEB API, C#, C++, and associated development toolsets (i.e. .Net Development Studio, Visual Studio).
- Experience of SQL Server / RDBMS, writing stored procedures, functions, SSIS and optimization of queries etc.
- Should have Experience of
- Source Control and Release Management tool sets (i.e. TFS) and adherence to SDLC standards.
- Development using Agile / Scrum methodologies, testing best practice and SDLC documentation
- Creating support, development standards and associated documentation
- Cloud Computing Practices and AWS/ Azure terminology, technology and concepts
- Knowledge of ITIL ITSM best practices (i.e. Service Transition, Incident, Change and Problem Management) and ITSM toolsets
- Knowledge of ITSM and Bug Management platforms (i.e. ServiceNow, Jira)
- Python an advantage
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes preferred an advantage
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.