Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock recognizes the importance of quality and accurate business intelligence needed to make critical business decisions at all levels of the organization. The BlackRock FP&A team is aligned to the firm's overall organizational structure in order to appropriately engage with each business unit to deliver key financial management activities. The FP&A mission is enabling the firm to achieve its strategic and business goals from a financial perspective. Specifically, FP&A is responsible for driving: Effective Business Planning
- providing relevant and timely financial intelligence to the CFO and other Finance & business partners across the firm through a standardized and consistent set of performance metrics linked with common decision support tools, business standards, language and rules to support decision making, inform resource allocation and deliver economic insight into the relationships between revenues and costs to improve the financial success of the business going forward. Strategic Resource Allocation
- helping to link operations and financial performance, tightly managing performance against strategic goals, and enabling execution of business strategies. Management of Business Performance
- developing and communicating business strategies by curating the definition and measurement of metrics for success. Job Purpose:
Responsible to support and partner closely with other Finance functions within BlackRock and carrying out the below mentioned activities of Firm Reporting & Analytics FP&A Team based out of Mumbai office. Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prepare periodic financial reports (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly) for senior management. This includes quarterly earnings support, Board of Directors presentations and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current reporting structure and develop innovative ways to assess business performance
- Help drive and coordinate the budget, forecast and other key financial processes
- Assist with providing Firmwide financial insights to other Finance partners across Treasury, Investor Relations, Tax, HR and Controllers
- Participate in and/or lead team-wide projects, including financial modeling, ad hoc analysis, and delivery of automated solutions for reporting
- Build cohesive narratives in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner
- Drive standardization, build strong checks & controls in the processes to generate efficiency
- Exemplify BlackRock Principles
- MBA with minimum 2 - 4 years of experience with a similar profile, preferably Corporate FP&A, Investment Management and/or financial industry experience but not mandatory
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in preparation of flash report / dashboards and management review packs
- Ability to handle large data and derive meaningful information
- Analytical bent of mind combined with financial acumen. Well-versed with Finance terminologies
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business and its key drivers
- Ability to build relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment (not only FP&A team but also across Finance)
- 'Can-do' attitude - willing to contribute at all levels in a small but high performing team environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Experience of working on advanced Excel & models. Knowledge of MS Access will be added advantage
- Experience with TM1, Hyperion, Essbase or similar multi-dimensional analytical tool skills is helpful but not essential
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.