Analyst, Financial Crime
Description About this role ob Purpose:
The firm is seeking an individual to join the global Financial Crime team, based in Mumbai. The role requires an ability to help the firm mitigate a broad range of financial crime risks, including money laundering and terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and corruption, and fraud. Subject-matter expertise in a specific financial crime compliance risk area, such as transaction monitoring, investigations, reporting, or sanctions and the ability to interact with cross border teams would be an advantage. Strong technical and analytical skills are necessary for success in this position. The successful candidate will be based in Mumbai but will maintain close, ongoing coordination with the global Financial Crime team. The role will offer an excellent opportunity to the successful candidate to learn about all aspects of financial crime and financial crime risks (money laundering, sanctions, bribery and corruption and fraud) and gain exposure to diverse regions, regulatory standards and cross border issues with the aim to develop a future career in financial crime. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge & Experience
- Provide operations support to the global Financial Crime team
- Support development of multiple aspects of the firm's financial crime compliance program
- Provide project management support and help execute project deliverables
- Support creation, maintenance, and delivery of team reporting
- Conduct initial investigations of screening and transaction surveillance alerts
- Provide advice to the KYC onboarding team on standard customer due diligence queries.
- Communicate with transfer agent and client experience management teams on KYC requests
- Identify and escalate risks, including potential sanctions issues, adverse media, and financial crime red flags
- Support quality assurance reviews
- Identify opportunities to automate processes and internal business functions to drive process efficiencies and reduce risk
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to align technology solutions with business strategies
- 1-3 years in financial crime compliance or related field (e.g. risk management, law, law enforcement, investigations)
- Experience in transaction monitoring would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, judgment, and business partnership skills
- Ability to communicate complex and/or technical concepts clearly and concisely to a non-technical or lay audience is an advantage.
- Basic facility with Excel and quantitative/statistical analysis
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik) is an advantage
- Experience with compliance software (e.g. customer screening, databases, workflow management)
- Team-focused with ability to work independently
- Proactive, self-motivated, well organized, and strong attention to detail
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Other languages an advantage
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, and advanced Excel a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.