Analyst Collateral Management - Payments
Description About this role Team Overview
The Income and Payments Team is a dedicated group of professionals who ensure that all BlackRock synthetic payments are reconciled, confirmed and settled in an accurate and timely manner. Income and Payments plays a key role in the continued success of BlackRock including supporting the continued business growth, managing the control environment and reducing risk, increasing efficiencies and strengthening relationships with our internal and external clients.
Payment and income types include, but are not limited to, synthetic equities, CFDs (contract for difference), bilateral swaps/swaptions and collateral. Our team provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses Role Responsibility
As an Income and Payments Analyst, you will be actively handling risk and exposure for BlackRock by ensuring BlackRock synthetic reset data is in line with external prime record holders daily. You will gain a full understanding of the mechanics of the reconciliation process, exception management, troubleshooting issues, and driving creative improvements. You will perform data analysis, maintain documentation, assist management in leading processes, and recommend improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes. Income and Payments play a prominent role in the lifecycle of a trade, using BlackRock's proprietary platform Aladdin to ensure operational consistency and client fiduciary responsibilities. Core responsibilities include:
• Ensuring reconciliations are successfully completed and troubleshooting any discrepancies
• Reviewing cash & asset position exceptions daily including researching differences and resolving them in an accurate and timely manner
• Confirming accuracy of published cash figures
• Data analysis enhancing transparency, decision drivers and efficiency
• Collaborating with internal/external partners to ensure issues are being appropriately
reviewed and progressing to completion
• Developing expertise around team control mechanisms and reporting
• Identifying and coordinating critical issues of concern
• Actively participating in all team meetings including review of key risk and process
• Understanding and adhering to all regulatory requirements impacting the
• Evaluating systems and procedures and making recommendations for improvement
• Participating in various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including
automation/ standardization efforts
• Understanding upstream processes impactful to the reconciliation and develop ability to correlate the effect of change
• Maintaining accurate process documents and training team members to ensure holistic understanding
• Accurately recording metrics related to responsibilities enabling management to have a view of team productivity and efficiency Experience
To ensure success you will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree - concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or Computer Sciences is preferred
• Understanding of financial instruments with an emphasis on derivative products is preferred
• Strong, effective analytical and problem solving skills
• Data Analytics skillsets preferred inclusive of coding (VBA, SQL, PYTHON) and/or understanding of data science methods & implementation
• Organized approach to ensure follow up on unresolved issues and identify
appropriate action to be taken
• Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
• Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate solutions to internal and external partners
• Ability to multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
• Extraordinary decision-making skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
• Team-player with shown ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts
• Takes ownership and accountability seeing process or issues from beginning to end
• Thrives in a fast paced, rapidly changing, deadline driven environment Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.