Analyst - Treasury Cash Management
Responsible for all daily demurrage purchase payments; ensuring that specific cut off times are met and Treasury reporting upheld.
Responsible for all daily demurrage receipts and account reconciliation; ensuring that daily deadlines are met and all postings are accurate.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- English speaking with excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and highly numerate.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to cope in a highly pressured and demanding environment and handle high volumes of work.
- Excel and database skills.
- An understanding of financial controls.
- Book keeping / basic accounting experience.
- To be responsible for all demurrage/TDL/Regular Oil payments/Finance Payments & Transfers/Cash Transfers/ Swifts/Offsets/Intercompany Payments ensuring payments are made efficiently and to deadline.
- Liaise with demurrage/TDL/Operations personnel to ensure any queries are dealt with swiftly.
- Create and read reports to ensure deadlines and payment cut offs are met with accuracy.
- Deal with foreign currency payments, liaising with the Treasury FX department to ensure that all
payments are made with the correct FX rates
- To be responsible for all demurrage/TDL/Regular Oil/ Refined Metals related receipts and bank account movements.
- Liaising with Athens personnel, (who head up the demurrage department) informing them of all demurrage related funds received.
- Posting the receipt of funds accurately in the Trafigura system, ensuring it reflects the bank statements.
- Reconciling all accounts internally through daily reports sent by the accounts department.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Demurrage Personnel
- Oil Derivatives Personnel
- Treasury team
- Accounting department
- Banks (for queries)
Treasury Cash Management
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle.
The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa , Middle East and Asia-Pacific.