Analyst - Trade Finance - Concentrates Metal
To provide efficient finance operations and risk management for our international Concentrates trading activities
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- 1+ year within a Trading Company / Financial institution having gained a basic understanding of the principles surrounding Trade Finance instruments and their pitfalls would be desirable
- Well-organized and pro-active, excellent communication skills, strong coordinating skills, able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and the ability to think in a highly logical and critical fashion
- Highly diligent and sharp eye for attention to details
- Able to take initiative and not only work to, but also set their own quickly changing deadlines
- A team player, who is able to confidentially adapt their interpersonal approach as the situation demands, able to build strong relations both inter-departmentally and with external stakeholders
- An individual who is not only comfortable but thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Handling of L/C's or Bank Guarantees for our purchases/sale of Concentrates and Related Products.
- Preparation and despatch of Invoices and shipping documents (and/or Letters of Indemnity) for payment under Documentary Letters of Credit received from our buyers.
- Ensuring timely processing of Cargo payments together with managing cash positions with the Banks.
- Closely liasoning with teams in locations within APAC Region, especially Finance and Operations
- The reception / recording and distribution of shipping documents - including the allocation and despatch of such documents to our trading counter-parts / financing banks enabling the prompt cancellation of outstanding LOI's
- Handling Bank Reconciliations and closing all outstanding items
- Close co-operation with our Deals Desk personnel to ensure any costs agreed by Trade Finance are allocated correctly to the separately maintained deal Profit and Loss accounts.
- Close co-operation with our Operations team to ensure that our physical logistical requirements are in alignment with financial and risk considerations
- Handling Discharge LOI and Checking BL workability from a Finance perspective
- Release and stock management, exposure monitoring and weekly m2m of any storage positions.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- External - Banks, Counterparties
- Internal - Ops, Traders, Contracts, Treasury, Securitisation, Accounting & Deals Desk
APAC (Singapore) Trade Finance Entity:
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle.
The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa , Middle East and Asia-Pacific.