2021 Institutional Equity Division - Prime Brokerage Summer Associate Program (Mumbai)
Background on the Team
Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage is dedicated to client service and cultivates an environment of process control, accuracy and efficiency. The Client Services team has professionals located in offices throughout the world - New York, San Francisco, London, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.
The Prime Brokerage Client Service Mumbai team is a comprehensive partner to the global PB organization offering centralization across the vast spectrum of client service functions for our hedge fund clients. Team also covers select hedge fund clients and other prime brokerage clients as account managers from Mumbai office.
• Analysis of financial products like equities, bonds, options, futures, Repo, CDS, MBS, swaps, OTC derivatives and monitoring their cash flows and performance for hedge fund clients on MS reporting platforms
• Researching of various corporate action deals affecting client portfolios and ensuring that they are accounted as per the terms of the events
• Handling inquiries from clients and Fund Administrators
• Liaising with various teams in Morgan Stanley such as swaps, listed derivatives, interest, finance and stock loan
• Performing activities around regulatory, compliance and internal risk controls
• Perform root cause analysis to increase use of STP and enhance operational efficiencies
• Analyze client balances, revenue trends and market share
• Assisting in client due diligence, request for new proposals and client fee schedules
• Working closely with primary account manager to understand requirements and providing solutions on client reporting, P&L variances, transfers of assets, margin etc.