2021 Fund Services - Accounting Summer Associate Program (Mumbai)
Morgan Stanley Fund Services is a leading global hedge fund administrator. MSFS provides its products and services to a large and diversified group of clients, including hedge funds and asset management firms. The Full-time Associate Program takes place in Bangalore and typically begins in May/June. Associates are hired for specific teams based on their interests, feedback from the interview process and the current business needs. Associates are immediately placed onto a desk to start building area specialization.
Roles & Responsibility:
• Validating the NAV and the Profit & Loss of the hedge fund clients on a daily basis
• Reviewing the corporate actions booked in the system and ensuring that the same is correctly reflected in the books of the client
• Reviewing pricing of the portfolio and analyzing the pricing exceptions if any.
• Review MSPA to custodian/client reconciliations. Identify and determine cause. Notify Account Manager of breaks. If break is due to an erroneous or missing transaction in MSPA then make necessary adjustments.
• Responsible for accruing daily or monthly non-security related accruals including management fees and financing accruals.
• Process non-automated transactions including OTC derivatives and their related cash movements.
• Sending Daily Report to the client, which contains details of Fund's Performance & issues where client guidance is required, to enable us record correctly in the books of accounts (E.g. mismatches of trades, wire details, pricing issues etc.)
• Interaction with the Client facing Account Manager in regards to the clients daily report and resolving open issues if any.
• Checking that all OTC products traded by the client have been booked correctly (Interest rate swaps, Credit default swaps, Currency options, Commodity futures etc)
• Booking of Capital Activities of the fund
• Finalizing the month end NAV of the client and providing Investor Level Allocations at month-end
• Providing audit support and assistance to funds in the preparation on financial statements.
• Coordinating with various teams like Centralized Exception Reporting Team (CERT), Risk-Analytics team, Investor Services team, Tax Team etc