Vice President - Billing Global Data Hub
Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience as Business Analyst/Data Analyst /Data Engineer/ Data Consultant
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Computer Science/Information's systems or other quantitative discipline (Masters' degree is a plus)
The Global Billing Program is a strategic initiative within the corporation. The Global Data Hub Manager role manages and guides the overall strategic direction of the billing data project team. Requires extensive experience in Strategic Alignment of Data Initiatives, Large Scale Project Management, and Data Conversions, Data Sourcing and Lineage, Compliance of Enterprise Wide Data Governance standards, and overall data management within an Production Operational Framework. The candidate should be proficient in working with sophisticated financial instruments, and should be well versed with the end-to-end billing life-cycle. The successful candidate will drive the initiative, exercise independent thinking, juggle multiple activities, and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced environment. Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be interested in leading a professional, global based and team-oriented environment. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience with many business, finance, technology, and third party organizations, and contribute to a major initiative within the firm.
Candidates with the following skill-set, or ability to pick up the following traits would be preferred for this role:
- Overall Program Management of the billing data organization that supports "Run and Change the Bank" Initiatives.
- Provide strategic direction and management on the migration of clients from our legacy applications to target state.
- Rationalization of data feeds automation and simplification.
- Perform risk based metrics for prioritization of enhancements for data incident prevention and increased controls.
- Drive the end-to-end data lineage, transformation logic, DQ checks and potential enhancement opportunities to promote straight through processing of data.
- BAU management of the suite of billing applications across the enterprise.
- Managing the production target state operating model.
- Provide guidance and support of Business analysis, Gap analysis, Impact analysis and system analysis to ensure a high standard on defined projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Interact and interface with internal clients, vendor, development and testing teams on the entire book of work
- Develop expertise on all components involved in the Financial Accounting and Billing architecture, at regional level and contribute towards Business and IT process improvements
- Gain a deep understanding of the billing environments in US, APAC and EMEA
Expected Functional Proficiency:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent at taking and giving directions
- Attention to details, strong work ethics
- Leadership qualities and strong management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution. Able to multi-task and self-manage priorities based on deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Banking and related financial products life cycles.
- Have a strong understanding of financial source systems and data repositories
- Hunger to attack and own large, complex problems.
- Preferable to have prior experience in working for Data Intensive programs in Banking or Financial Services.
- Experience in understanding, analyzing, designing data infrastructure (ETL processes).
- Knowledge of database modeling and mappings.
- Familiarity of software development.
- Proficient in data analytical capability.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Oracle, Financial Billing, Revenue Analytics.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask