Transaction Support Service-SFTR Matching-SA
The Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR) is the latest in a line of regulatory change to be enforced on the financial service industry.
The Transaction Support Service team is a newly formed team, and has the responsibility of ensuring SSGM can meet expectations in the industry to match and affirm transaction details with counterparts prior to reporting under the SFTR regulation.
The successful candidate would initially be expected to work with the SFTR project team & onshore oversight teams to become an SME on SFTR obligations and technical solution for matching. As well as performing testing, the role will involve training later hires on SFTR when volumes increase later in the year. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required Skill set
- Work with SFTR project team and onshore oversight teams, providing feedback on design, build and test of a new matching solution
- Work to identify common mismatch reasons and drive solutions to underlying issues
- Become an SME on State Street's SFTR matching solution, participating in testing and subsequent training of other staff
- Ensure that all eligible SFTR trades have been correctly matched with the relevant counterpart prior to SFTR reporting.
- Ensure all counterparts who require data shared with them for SFTR reasons receive their data on time, and liaise on queries
- Manage SFTR matching exceptions within our new solution
- Communicate with multiple internal departments (Trading, Middle Office, Static Data, Payments, Investigations, IT) to resolve breaks, counterparty queries and trade discrepancies on a time sensitive basis.
- Clearly communicate and escalate issues that impact business in a timely manner
- Maintain MIS for monthly reporting to senior management
- 4-5 years' of experience in the securities operations divisions, preferably in Stock lending & borrowing (SF, FACT & Credit services) and Repurchase arrangements (Global Treasury)
- Experience of a working in a high volume pressured environment
- Operational knowledge of trade and transaction reporting under MiFID, EMIR,etc
- Working experience in MARKIT,LOANET, EQUILEND, PIRUM, TRI-OPTIMA preferred
- Knowledge of trade repositories like DTCC, Unavista and Bloomberg, highly preferable
- Strong analytical, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills, that include the ability to build productive working relationships across teams and functions; and the ability to foster an environment of open communication
- Ability to work collaboratively with other business units.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access
- Knowledge of industry platforms, particularly SBL asset class
- Work under own initiative. as well as part of a team
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines and escalate issues in good time.
- Challenge the status quo#
- Learn quickly
- Can demonstrate:
- Very strong attention to detail
- Understanding of the lifecycle of a trade, particularly an FX derivative
- The desire to improve the processes they perform