Tech Development Sr Mgr
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo Technology
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day - both in the United States and across the globe - than any other division in our company.
Wells Fargo Technology's goal is to exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. Through technology and operations services, Wells Fargo Technology interacts with customers more than 12 billion times a year through branch, mobile, online, ATM and telephone transactions. Wells Fargo Technology impacts customers directly through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through Wells Fargo business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. Wells Fargo Technology strives to be a competitive advantage for the company and effective information management is one example of where we can take our capabilities to a new level of excellence.
The Wells Fargo Technology team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. We also help customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business (LOB) to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, Wells Fargo Technology draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. About Enterprise Global Services
Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services (WFEGS) is a non-banking entity that enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFEGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFEGS at our International Careers website < https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/egs >.
Market Job Description The Position:
Provide strategic, enterprise-wide technology capabilities and enabling services for
- Enterprise Content Management Technology : responsible for storage, archival, retrieval, processing of various format documents/dynamic content served with signature, printing, distribution value added solutions for both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Customer Relationship Management across Retail and Wholesale Customers Portfolio with business practices, market trends and technologies used in the market. The platforms will be used by 1,000s of internal users who are onboarding and supervising up to 300,000 clients.
- Intelligent Process Automation : RPA and other AI/ML driven automation for both Business / IT processes that bring Enterprise Effectiveness and Efficiency.
- Governance & Controls, Audit, and Onboarding, as well as Partnership/Integration with CTO groups.
- Innovation Technology :
- Enablement/R&D to enable Responsible Innovation by executing technology proof of concepts and research, supporting innovation platforms, providing lab environments and incubating new platforms.
- Personalization & Delivery Technology responsible for the delivery of use cases for AI/Machine Learning , Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Distributed Ledger Technology and ultimately, quantum computing.
- Engineering responsible for scales & hosts AI Platforms, Internal Models, Open Source & Vendor Models for businesses to execute
As a Lead of ISST (India & Philippines), this role has overall responsibility to partner with the CIO team and contribute to strategy, design, development and support of all technology solutions. Key Responsibilities
Expected Leadership competencies and behaviors:
- Manage the division team which builds and runs multiple products/product suites organized as Feature Squads across multiple locations
- Global responsibility for Engineering in the areas of Self-Service Data Preparation towards Wrangling/Munging
- Active lead role for Partnership/Integration with CTO groups. for standardized APIs, Service Catalog, Pipeline Mgmt & Data Sources (warehouses/Lake).
- Recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long term business / customer requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends.
- Co-create re-usable strategic services for in-scope functions (e.g. Services for Customer or Utility Bots or AI Sandbox) to be leveraged by other CIO teams.
- Engage & influence the strategic directions for the application delivery
- Be a trusted strategic partner for global teams and local stakeholders
- Manage teams with a large and complex applications portfolio with diverse underlying technology architectures and platforms including legacy and cutting edge technologies
- Manage and allocate appropriate financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Act as the accountable leader efficiently and effectively meet business needs leveraging WF technology services with a bias towards consistency, standards and common solutions.
- Meet business & technology objectives including SLAs and project milestones.
- Proactively manage risk including deliverables, operational issues through implementation of right controls and escalate where required.
- Actively participate in global leadership meetings, demonstrate executive presence , be present & propose solutions proactively
- Foster Diversity and Inclusion and champion change within the group.
- Act as coach and empower the Managers, Functional Leads & Technologists
- Engage and partner with WFEGS functions and services teams to drive ISST objectives and collaborate for better partnerships.
- Drive Innovation within the teams, foster collaboration
Market Skills and Certifications Desired experience profile
- Must have 15+ years of experience, of which at least 10 years in Financial Markets Technology roles and demonstrable ability for leading large teams of varying skills & global engagement models
- Prior knowledge & established track record in
- Business aligned functions like Retail Banking or Wholesale Banking
- Solid and practical knowledge of relevant technology solutions.
- Demonstrable success in creating effective technology teams in global business environments. Experience in an in-house center would be desirable.
- Must have good understanding of current and future trends and practices in Technology.
- Must be able to demonstrate true results in impacting business outcomes
- A seasoned, relationship-driven leader who will have the style and sensitivity to work within a highly complex business environment. Multi-cultural sensitivity a must.
- Must have demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute a business case, gain sponsorship and stakeholder support.
- Clear demonstration of Leading People through hands-on technology, functional knowledge & delivery
- Preferred Skills (but not mandatory)
- Working knowledge of Micro service components/ SaaS integration like Salesforce /Data sources Integrations
- Good demonstrated knowledge of API based Services both as consumer and producer
- Good understanding of AI /ML and related concepts and components
- Good knowledge of Cloud based hosting solutions and Regulations in building technological solutions.
- Enterprise Systems Design and Implementation using Java/C#/C++ and Hadoop/Tibco/Caching technologies etc.
- Proven record in a successful global delivery environment, across multiple countries and cultures.
Product and Engineering way of doing things :
- Drive product thinking approaches within the teams including Agile, Automation first, Self-service
- Fostering Scalability, Performance, Modular Systems thinking with product roadmaps.
- Nurture the talent to increase Engineering and reduce handovers, adeptness at designing under constraints
- Meet the short & long term talent needs for the group including flexible and full time team members.
- Create opportunities for growth, both horizontal and vertical.
- Responsible for creating a High Performance Work Culture in the group
- Ensure all critical leadership roles have successors identified
- Design goals for staff in line with goals / objectives of ISST and WFEGS MBOs
- Improve Team Member Engagement and manage attrition
- Strategic & Stakeholder Management
- Initiating, developing, and maintaining engagement with global ISST teams and other stakeholders in Wells Fargo
- Plan, Consult, negotiate and manage deliverables of the business & technology requirements
- Collaborate in the development of strategic plans for use of WFEGS ISST platforms.
- Identify and manage strategic relationships with local vendors for running the business.
- Facilitate the progression of ideas to business cases and projects in accordance with agreed priorities
- Undertake management of cross-departmental projects, collaborating with other groups to achieve WF and WFEGS wide objectives
- Operational & Process Management
- Manage team performance to budget and in line with overall departmental objectives
- Establishment of service performance measures tied to business and technology outcomes
- Ensure no surprises, and active risk management.
- Create visibility of technology delivery (applications and infrastructure) through reporting / metrics for WFEGS leadership
- Monitor expense budget items for his / her team. Manage cost items within budget.
- Use optimal resourcing mix to attain financial goals.
- Establish headcount forecast mechanism for 6 months,12 month,24month headcount forecast
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities, which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.