Supervisor - Fund Admin & Reporting
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
The PFR Supervisor oversees and reviews the financial reporting work completed by the Senior Analysts/ Analysts to ensure that all monthly and periodic functional reporting tasks are completed according to documented procedures and standards within specified deadlines.
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Supervisor - Fund Admin & Reporting?
Financial Reporting Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed review and finalization of the Shareholder reports including Financial Statements, Portfolio Statements, Notes to Financials as per various jurisdiction Accounting Standards/GAAPs.
- Review of Tax provisions, Excise Tax and Tax related reports
- Review and filing of regulatory reports with various regulators (e.g. NSAR)
- Review and finalize reports for Senior Management/ Board of Directors
- Ensure timely delivery to the GFAR (Fund Owner) teams located at multiple global locations.
- Coordinating with internal/external Clients, Auditors, Tax Advisors and Brokers.
- Provide guidance and support to staff in resolving issues and problems to ensure timely and accurate release of reporting information to the PCSGFAR (Fund Owner teams).
- Report metrics/work status to the Manager and follow defined escalation guidelines.
- Coordinate workflow planning to ensure completion of tasks and maintain departmental procedures.
- Ensure all control procedures related to functional financial reporting output are being followed.
- Support Manager in planning for business continuity events and participate in BC drills.
- Lead transitions and ensure smooth transition of tasks within the specified timeline.
- Perform ad-hoc reports/requests/assignments as required by GFAR groups/clients/senior management.
Leadership and Development:
- Assess training needs and development opportunities for the staff.
- Supervise training and provide coaching to ensure that staff has the skill sets to perform their task.
- Monitor and conduct staff appraisals and ensure timely career feedback is provided to staff.
- Promote and maintain a productive, efficient and professional working environment.
- Continuous monitoring of efficiency through utilization of staff metric..
- Support the manager in recruitment initiatives, including conducting interviews and carrying out inductions where appropriate.
- Suggest improvements to functional financial reporting procedures and processes to maximize quality and efficiency. Review internal policies and procedures and update as required.
- Participate and lead department projects as required, provide expertise and technical support regarding workflow improvements.
- Participate on inter-department committees and provide recommendations as required.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with coursework in intermediate and advanced accounting
- Eight or more years of financial accounting experience with an emphasis on the preparation of financial statements and accompanying supporting schedules
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Must possess strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- Must possess strong capital market knowledge
- Should have basic knowledge of various jurisdictions Accounting Standards/GAAPs (IFRS, US, UK, LUX)
- Must have experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger and financial reporting software
- Accounting certification (CPA or CA or CWA) is desirable
- Knowledge of the securities / mutual fund industry is preferred
- Graduate level courses in accounting or an advanced degree or certification in finance or accounting preferred
- Provide guidance and direction to the production staff to ensure functional tasks are planned, organized, and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that staff performance issues are resolved or escalated and appropriate feedback is provided
- Supervise nonexempt and exempt staff, make hire, termination, and promotion recommendations to management
- Ability to motivate staffs to achieve process goals
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees’ families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and ourcareer opportunities.