Senior Technology Specialist
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
Enterprise Function Technology within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) business is responsible for supporting Enterprise Data technology, Enterprise technology initiatives related to messaging & collaboration, risk technology, corporate systems data, and various internal systems and tools. About the Role
As a Data Analyst this role will be responsible for understanding and analyzing complex business & data requirements. Prepare detailed functional specifications that drive the overall design of the data environment. This includes developing a broad understanding of the upstream and downstream systems and processes, including impact and map & gap analysis of current databases and reporting systems. This person will perform data analysis using a variety of SQL tools to query major databases and provide technical assistance as subject matter expert in identifying, evaluating and developing data models and solutions that meet business requirements. Job Responsibilities
- Understanding complex business processes and relationships to existing data. Working with business contacts, analysts and other subject matter experts to identify, understand and document business needs for data
- Creating source-target mapping document and functional data specifications
- Designing conceptual, logical and physical data models for highly complex data environments to support data integration efforts
- Understanding upstream and downstream process, the impact of change to database and communicate, educate team members and partners
- Working closely with the architecture community to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data architecture and data management strategies.
- Developing and creating data modeling patterns that support enterprise and line of business data strategy and data architecture vision
- Providing expert-level consulting services in the identification and resolution of moderately complex data challenges and issues.
- 8+ years of data collection and reporting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of data: importing, exporting, and report generation
- Knowledge and understanding of automated data quality program execution
- Knowledge and understanding of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture)
- Financial industry experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in Financial Services (brokerage, investment preferable)
- Familiarity with ETL solutions using tools such as Informatica (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with Unix
- Knowledge and understanding of data modeling tools, such as Power Designer
- Should have good onsite-offshore experience
- Must be a good independent contributor to the team
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.