Big Data Administrator
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 25 Apr 19
Big Data Administrator
As a key aide to both the IT Infrastructure and Development teams, you will help support existing systems 24x7 and responsible for administering current Big Data environments. The candidate will be required to work with cross-functional teams & help leverage innovative technologies such as Hadoop Distributions, Spark, Cassandra, Ansible, Graph etc. to build next generation products and may also be called upon to support database design and development efforts. To support the product development process in line with the product roadmap for product maintenance and enhancement such that the quality of software deliverables maintains excellent customer relationships and increases the customer base.
If you have the skills and "can do" attitude, we would love to talk to you!
Major Job Functions:
- Responsible for setup, configure, & maintain Big Data highly available infrastructure globally that are scalable, deploy appropriate monitors for alerting etc.
- Responsible for deployments, performance tuning, capacity planning and security within the big-data platforms
- Involve in Database Design discussions with both software developers and DBAs.
- Work with Architecture & BU teams to proactively improve the evolving environment based on architecture specifications & business requirements.
- Perform operational duties such as Spark/Hadoop/Cassandra cluster upgrades, patching, monitoring jobs, capacity management, etc.
- Experience in Automation using (ex: Ansible -Python, PowerShell etc.)
- Translate business requirements and logical designs into working physical database designs
- Interface with infrastructure, network, security and operations teams to resolve problems with application/Big Data systems.
- Will collaborate and communication with all levels of technical and senior business management
- Will require on-call 24X7 support of production systems on a rotation basis with other team members
- Pro-actively evaluate evolving technologies and recommend solutions to business problems.
- Assist in the review and audit of database security policies, and experience to work closely with the security and auditing teams (internal audit, PWC and PCI payment card industry).
- Open and coordinate service requests with different Vendor Support
- Ensure alignment with current IT standards and controls including SDLC & ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change management).
- Review and evaluate performance of the databases
- Schedule Monthly, Quarterly maintenance windows when required.
- To work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards.
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
- Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 5 years of related experience in Hadoop and NoSQL technologies. Production implementation experience desired. (Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Solr, etc.)
- Experience of application software development life cycle. Should be able to influence application projects and provide guidance if needed.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Big Data components such as YARN, HDFS, HBase, Spark, etc.
- Experience in automating deployments and monitoring/alerting tasks (preferably Ansible).
- Knowledge of programming & scripting languages a plus - Java, C, Python, R, Perl, Hive, MapReduce etc.
- Experience of cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Openshift etc.
- Working Knowledge of YARN, HBase, Hive, Spark, Flume, Kafka etc.
- Strong Problem Solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effective oral and written communications
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of IT DBA experience on Big Data implementations
- Knowledge and understanding of the business strategy and use of back office applications.
- Ability to adapt to multi-lingual and multicultural environment, additional language skills are a bonus.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to learn.
- Receptive to change.
- Ability to communicate with business users at all levels
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active