BigData with Spark & Scala/Python/Java
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) aims to deliver technology efficiently and effectively with the right capabilities and the best talent for the firm, while removing friction that slows delivery. Enterprise Data Technology (EDT) increases productivity and improves regulatory compliance by managing and governing data in a secure, scalable and frictionless manner. As a central technology organization, EDT aims to make industry standard capabilities accessible and flexible to internal clients and partners in support of effective and efficient data management and governance at JPMorgan Chase & Co
Do you like to engineer large scale mission critical solutions that are Always On? Do you like to contribute where cutting edge software development, global scale system architecture, Data and enterprise systems and tools intersect? Are you curious about how things break, so that you can eliminate these failure modes? Are you driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques? If so, we would love to have you in our CTO Engineering team.
Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are.
Responsibilities shall include:
• Working with our LOB (line of business) users, collaborate with other technology teams to design, develop, test full stack cloud data solutions.
• Leading and be responsible for the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience and scalability of your solution.
• Leading the innovation, perform proof of concept and the implementation of cutting-edge technologies
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience in application development using any of these programming languages: Java, Scala, Python
. Experience working in financial industry is preferred.
• 1+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including entitlement and IAM policy. AWS certification adds more value.
• 3+ years of experience working on streaming data applications (Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis, and Flink)
• 2+ years' experience working with data pipeline open source products (Ex Airflow, Jupyter, Anaconda etc)
• 3+ years' hands-on experience with Hadoop data platform (MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Impala), experience working with Cloudera stack is preferred.
• 1+ years of experience with DevOps automation tools (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform)
• 1+ years of experience in developing, deploying and monitoring in building large distributed and parallel systems using container technology including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AWD Fargate
- Lead by influence, mentor junior software engineers, ability to navigate to different teams and business to find solutions to complex problems
• Strong on critical thinking, great communication and team work skill is essential to this role
• High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception through to implementation
• The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving