BI Developer (Qlikview)
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. Key Responsibilities include :
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Strong experience in requirements intake, analysis, design, modeling, development, quality assurance and support. Work directly with business users and analysts in understanding business requirements and modeling appropriate Business Analytics to meet requirements
- Designing & developing reports/dashboards using BI tool like QlikSense (Preferred), Qlikview, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to write complex relational database SQL queries.
- Creating, enhancing and maintaining metadata Framework Manager Models (Relational and Dimensional) to support business requirements.
- Working closely with Data Modelling team to provide input/feedback to the Logical and Physical data model creation.
- Assist team in analyzing the report/model performance issues and should provide solutions.
- Contribute to and ensure that the team delivers towards key milestones to support our overall GSS team objectives
- Suggest potential adoption of innovative technologies that enable rapid delivery.
- Generate innovative ideas to deliver business value, improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Ensure best practices are utilized in delivering Reporting/Analytics Solutions.
- Provide overall technical direction and help to ensure quality delivery
- Cultivate an open, honest and transparent environment that encourages proper collaboration between business & technology team.
- Write and maintain technical specifications that describe program development, data modeling, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
- Strong in Agile Development and experience with SCRUM or similar methodologies
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience
- 5+ years of working on BI Reporting/Visualization solutions like QlikSense/Qlikview
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and working experience in relational and dimensional modelling is required.
- Experience in other visualization tools like Tableau, Alteryx, etc. is good to have
- Experience in other BI reporting tools like Cognos, Business Objects, etc. is good to have
- Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology
• Knowledge and any experience with other relational (Oracle, etc.) and NoSQL databases is good to have
- Experience collaborating with business representatives to understand requirements, value, prioritization and business intelligence needs
- Strong communication skills, be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support partners and stakeholders to deliver business aligned solutions
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment. Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in on-shore/offshore model.