Apps Systems Engineer
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories . About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
Enterprise Function Technology within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) business is responsible for supporting Enterprise Data technology, Enterprise technology initiatives related to messaging & collaboration, risk technology, corporate systems data, and various internal systems and tools. About the Role
The role should have the ability to implement and support the Enterprise Hadoop
environment . He or she needs to have hands-on experience with Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning). Job Responsibilities
- Manage Hadoop cluster environments:-
- Cluster sizing, Capacity Planning, Cluster configuration, Smoke testing, Service allocation, Security setup, Performance tuning and ongoing monitoring Contribute to planning and implementation of hardware and software upgrades.
- Work with IT Operations and Information Security teams on monitoring and troubleshooting of incidents to maintain service levels Report resources/services utilization and performance metrics to user communities Research and provide recommendations on automating administration tasks.
- Provide guidance and setup Disaster Recovery environment Provide guidance on Hadoop cluster setup (scaling, security)
- Provide support to coordinate with Vendor teams on installation, bus fixes, upgrades and escalations Provide support to Data Engineering teams on deployment of Hadoop/Spark jobs (DevOps model support) and on performance tuning
- Contribute to the evolving systems architecture to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability and cost Experience
- Ability to perform and document RCA
- Hands-on experience with supporting Hadoop/Spark ecosystem
- Hands-on administration experience on Hive, Hbase and Kafka
- Experienced with networking/Security infrastructure including VLAN, firewalls, Kerberos, LDAP
- Extensive experience in administering Linux environment
- Extensive experience in administering MapR or Hortonworks Hadoop distribution
- Experience in setting up security features within Hadoop cluster
- Experience in setting up Disaster Recovery environment
- Experience in setting up Hadoop cluster on cloud (optional)
- Experience in working with Cluster Monitoring Tools like Nagios
- Familiarity with Version Control tools such as Git
- Familiarity with Scripting (Shell, Perl, Ruby)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.