Application Developer- Java, J2EE
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines, understanding of architecture and design across all systems proficiency in developmental toolsets.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals. High performing individual contributor, responsible to maintain business critical platforms and deliver high ROI business features.
- Build expertise in the team and position for a platform re-engineering program
- Understand the architecture of the existing applications and develop features solutions for the full stack; UI, Java-based back-end, database and messaging
- Apply latest Dev Ops concepts to continuously improve and transform platform into a highly available, highly maintainable platform - including but not limited to code, policy, processes, and tools. Improve monitoring, automated validation and synthetic transactions, collaboration between Dev and Ops and automated SDLC tool chain.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile Feature team setup with team members located across different locations and time zones. Contribute to delivery success across teams as a technology coach and lead developer.
- Have a strong focus on time and resource-management, decision-making and ability to operate with parallel project deliveries.
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources.
- Develop new skills to contribute as a multi-functional team member (potential areas for secondary skills: Angular, Cloud readiness, Security, Monitoring and Measuring Tools).
- Interface with members of your team, line of business product teams, vendors and business analysts from other teams to deliver robust enterprise multi factor authentication solutions for JPMC and our clients.
- Automate security scans, deployments and checkouts across environments (e.g., QA, UAT Production).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong Communication Skills
- Minimum 8+ years of Java/JEE design and development skills. Must have strong analysis (both requirements and system) and design skills.
- Experience working with C++ or C language will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with LDAP/Multifactor authentication systems will be added advantage.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Strong experience with performance testing, performance test tools, investigation and resolution.
- Expertise in spring, Hibernate, MQ, Java Multithreading, Security and Performance, RESTful webservices, Struts, XML, JSON, and Apache+Tomcat.
- Deep understanding of DevOps and current hands-on experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience in writing, maintaining, performance tuning in SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle preferred), and the ability to write complex SQL, understand complex procedures and triggers.
- Current experience in applying Test Driven Development techniques (jUnit, Selenium, Fitnesse or similar tools).
- Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Experience in Identity & Access Management and/or Technology Risk Management strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with performance testing, performance test tools, investigation and resolution.