Web Data Operations Engineer
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The individual will be required to perform Production Operations as part of this role. The individual would be required to understand & analyse web application architecture, standard data flows, messaging system, and content management systems. The individual should be very comfortable in Unix/Linux environment and be able to read and understand shell scripts, and should have fundamental understanding of relational databases.
The individual will be required to understand web application architecture, standard data flows, messaging system, and content management systems. The individual should be very comfortable in Unix/Linux environment and be able to read and understand shell scripts, and should have fundamental understanding of relational databases.
The individual must be able to develop relationships and work collaboratively with business leaders, software developers, and technology operational teams. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to take total ownership of issues.
- Work within the existing application support team to analyze & resolve production issues, including the analysis and identification of data flow issues and debugging Informatica mappings and workflows, for a range of the web content of e-commerce products and services through applying knowledge of data warehousing and data Extract Transform and Load (ETL)
- Identify root cause, remedial action and implement long term improvement activities to continuously improve the service provided to the business
- Review the monitoring alerts on web pages, data loads & resolve / escalate as appropriate
- Active monitoring of production load jobs via Autosys (or another tool) including stopping, restarting and closely watching failed jobs
- Coordinate processing of various feeds from multiple vendors
- Analyze, debug and resolve complex SQL and shell scripts
- Develop scripts to perform ETL tasks and automate manual actions
- Ensure the timelines of loading and validating data for the websites supported are met
- Co-ordinate and support deployment activities across various applications within the platform
- Build strong relationships with the business through delivery, communication and domain knowledge
- Provide weekend on-call support for all business applications and websites supported on a rotation basis
- Significant involvement in the Incident management, Problem management and Change management processes
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Significant involvement in the Disaster Recovery Exercise for the application stack
- Support the generation of metrics / KPIs
- Work on the service improvement initiatives and permanent fixes
The candidate is expected to possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills, and should have 2 to 4 years of hands on experience on these skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with management from both IT and business areas
- Understanding of basic requirements for hosting a website and middleware application
- Database and ETL
- Knowledge of Database schema application and design
- Ability to run PL / SQL statements to perform DDL and DML Operations on database tables
- Basic understanding of different database concepts like Stored Procedures, views, tables, JOINs, cursors
- Basic understanding of ETL and necessary analysis and debugging procedures
- Knowledge of at least one of the tools used in ETL such as PowerCenter Informatica, Ab Initio, CloverETL, Talend Studio for Data Integration, Pentaho.
- Basic knowledge of any programming language (Perl/Python), XML structures, FTP
- Work with various partners (both internal and external), analyzing data issues in source files and coordinating resolution across multiple groups
- Issue triage from error logs, sql failures, database errors etc.
- Python and Scripting
- Ability to debug Python scripts and programs
- Ability to write Python programs for performing ETL and for automation
- Understanding of Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark would be good to have skills
- Operating System - Linux/Solaris: This includes
- Basic understanding of Unix/Linux operating system
- Versed with all shell commands like grep, find, sed, ls, cp etc.
- Versed with commands to check CPU usage, memory usage and disk usage on a Unix/Linux system using OS native commands
- Sound understanding of shell scripting
- Application/Web Servers/Tools - JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx: This includes
- Basic Understanding of Nginx, Apache, JBoss and Tomcat
- Ability to analyze server logs and error interpretation
- Basic understanding on start and stop of the web and application server
- Basic understanding memory management and JVM optimization
- Basic understanding and use of regular expressions and Unix commands
- Basic understanding of web server security and common threat methods
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.