Tech Operations Lead - Mainframes
Technology Operations Lead will be responsible for end to end support and ownership for mainframe suit of applications in Production environment. Person will participate/lead technical discussions and prioritize work streams during the service restoration process. Person will be responsible and lead root cause analysis, assess potential solutions and work with internal and cross commit teams to introduce permanent fixes in the production environment for reoccurring batch issue. Person will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the Mainframe team members.
This position suits a person who has been playing tech lead roles and thinks outside the box and enjoys coming up with innovative solutions to solve business and technology issues. Responsibilities
- Provide tech leadership/production support the mainframe suit of applications.
- Technically proficient with COBOL, JCL, PACBASE, VSAM components on Mainframe.
- Manage and Lead service restoration/recovery of applications while leading technical resources(participating) during service restoration process.
- Ability to drive production incident bridge calls for P1 and high priority P2 incidents.
- Assess & recommend solutions for permanent fixes to improve application stability and resiliency.
- Incident Management/Problem management and Change management
- 7-10 years of Operational support experience on Mainframe Applications. Must have been performing tech lead role.
- Able to do production support work related to COBOL, JCL, PACBASE, VSAM components on Mainframe.
- Strong understanding of Changeman (or similar scheduling tools on Mainframe).
- IMS and DB2 (Mandatory)
- Strong analytical capability to do independent ticket analysis and resolution.
- Worked at least 4 years on ServiceNow for application incident management, problem management in a 24*7 model.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to follow the processes.
- Ability to do the Root cause analysis, recap the issues and problem in an email and communicate to all stakeholders and cross commit teams.
About Our Company
- Knowledge on Informatica and distributed technologies will be preferred.
- Knowledge on CICS (Optional/added advantage).
- ITIL framework certification is a plus.
- Experience with development or support of applications within the Financial Services industry (preferably in Investments/Asset Management).
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.