Team Lead-Data Delivery [ETL]
The ETL/PowerBI Lead Developer is responsible for development, maintenance & support of applications built in PowerBI as front end and ETL layer to fetch from SQL server DB or data lake (cloud). You should be able to collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements and recommend right and scalable solution, lead the development & implementation by adhering to required quality standards. You should be able to manage and prioritize work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners to implement the change at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. You should be prepared to work in a support role as well to maintain the BAU process for the assets governed by the team. You should be able to enforce standards and recommendations for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence eco system.
If you are driven to succeed and prepared to meet the ever-changing needs of our industry, then you are ready for a career at Ameriprise. Responsibilities
• Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards;
• Manage delivery, priority and distribution of responsibilities to employee developers;
• Collaborate with the Ameriprise USA team to understand and prioritize daily tasks among self and employee developers;
• Design and code to meet business specifications;
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments;
• Work with the assigned QA team to manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment;
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated;
• Monitor and support the production environment applications to ensure optimum stability and performance;
• Leads technical discussions in areas impacting the assets and identify and work on the action items to ensure stability of the applications;
• Mentor / coach the team of developers on the architectural approaches and practices; Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of hands-on Software/Application development experience with Informatica PowerCenter and PowerBI (visualization and modeling).
• In-depth knowledge of data warehousing and worked in star schema concepts like facts/dimension tables.
• Hands-on experience with UNIX shell scripting.
• Strong PowerBI modeling and data visualization experience in delivering projects.
• Strong in SQL and PL-SQL
• Strong Data Warehousing & Database fundamentals in MS SQL server DB.
• Strong in performance testing and troubleshooting of application issues using informatica logs.
• Hands-on experience on a job scheduling tool - preferably with TWS.
• Willingness to work in shifts when needed
• Excellent client-facing skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong academic background. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with US Clients and Business partners.
• Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry.
• AGILE tooling (JIRA /Confluence) and AGILE SDLC processes.
• Basic knowledge of cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, Athena etc.
• Experience in working with cloud platforms
• Knowledge in various CI/CD tools and methodologies About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.