Sr. Tech Operations Analyst- Datapower
This role is for operational support for data management integration services and technology platform. Our data integration platform are critical in nature & supporting our business partners and services. Candidate should be aware of DataPower Admin related activities which also involve automation work on SOMA interface, creating or updating resources using REST API good knowledge on API Connect which is scalable API platform that lets you create, expose, manage and monetize APIs across clouds.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team responsible for supporting data integration platforms from operations perspective. He/she should have an ability to perform under pressure and think on their feet.
• Incident Mgmt-Support Incidents in a tiered (P1/ P2/ P3/ P4) priority structure and respond/ resolve within the SLA Timeframe; Partner with Application Support Teams to support persistent application issues on bridges; follow established escalation paths to help manage the incident resolution.
• Problem Mgmt-Drive the optimization of technology operations though system/services performance monitoring, data and analysis.
• Shift based support-Monitor operation to ensure established service level agreements/objectives (SLA/Os) are met.
• Team citizenship-Collect data, analyze and report on performance, usage and trends within assigned portfolio.
• Synthesize findings to draw correlations between performance symptoms and existing or potential issues, identify exceptional conditions and opportunities for improvement.
• Escalate and document issues and events in accordance with established procedures and processes. Responsibilities
• Availability-Ensure the ability of a technology service or component to perform its required function at a stated instant or over a stated period of time
• Availability Mgmt-Reporting and analyzing of outages and how they impact production downtime
• Incident Mgmt - manage the incidents that occur in production environment
• Performance Mgmt - continually evaluate the processing performance of assigned assets, recommending changes and implementing prioritized opportunities. Perform trend analysis to identify cause of performance and/or usage issues.
• Gap Analysis - identify and understand the difference between the current state and the To-Be Assessment state
• Problem Mgmt - perform root cause analysis and permanent resolution of system outages and potential causes
• Change Mgmt - establish a controlled process for implementing changes into production environment
• Capacity Planning - predict the current/future availability and current/future capacity capabilities of the system with regards to the application capacity requirements and to the hardware on which the application runs
• Continuous Improvement - Use experience, expertise and data analysis to collaborate with manager and team members in the identification of corrective action to increase efficiency, improve performance and meet or exceed consumption targets.
• DataPower troubleshooting and problem determination, including log configuration and review, Debug Probe.
• Strong Knowledge on API Connect which is scalable API platform that lets you create, expose, manage and monetize APIs across clouds.
• Candidate Should have good Scripting Skills(Preferably Python)
• Candidate should be aware of DataPower Admin related activities which also involve automation work on SOMA interface, creating or updating resources using REST API.
• Doing Firmware upgrades on DataPower.
• Production support experience with Datapower IDG.
• Troubleshooting issues related to connectivity between DataPower and corresponding downstream systems.
• Basic IP networking and routing configuration on Ethernet ports based on the traffic (internal, external)
• Security Concepts (SSL, Digital Signatures)
• Configuring/Validating Web Service Proxy, MPGW (Multiprotocol Gateway), XML Manager, Web Application Firewall
• Proficiency with XML and Web service artifacts including WSDL, XML Schema, XSD.
• Checking the system logs, event logs and request-response logs for analysis.
• Checking rules.xml and xsl files for trouble shooting issues related to application domain.
• Configuring Log targets (Mapping syslog server with the device)
• Performing regular Health checks (Battery replacement, Fan sensors, CPU usage)
• Configuring and troubleshooting NFS for syslogging
• Managing the Syslog server (syslog.conf, exports etc.) in AIX environment
• Able to understand and work with AAA policy
• Should be self-starter and team player in solving issues and mentoring other team members
• Candidate should be aware of how to work on webservices with SSL and should be able to troubleshoot the webservice related issues.
• It is also expected from the candidate to have basic understanding about MQ (Message Queueing), MFT(Manage File Transfer), ETL(Extract Transform & Load) & TWS(Tivoli Work Scheduler).
• Good Communication Skills and able to independently handle tasks
This is a 24*7 operations model. Required Qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 4.5-7 years of production support experience with Datapower XI50 /XI52 and XG45 is must.
• Familiarity with administration experience with Datapower XI50 /XI52 and XG45 is good to have.
• Solid understanding of layout and configuration best practices from a server/client perspective.
• Strong attention to detail and with ability to focus on quality and efficiency.
• Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
• Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities required.
• High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.
• Strong thought leadership and motivation with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a diverse multi-national and multi-vendor environment Preferred Qualifications
• Should have SOAP UI tool or any other testing tool experience
• Certification on Websphere Datapower SOA appliances is an added advantage.
• Mapping XSLTs, making entries in Xpath file
• Familiar with WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX) mapping with Datapower
• Familiar with DataPower domain and service object deployment, promotion, and lifecycle management
• Familiar with DataPower hardware deployment and initialization (XI50 /XI52 and XG45)
• Familiar with DataPower firmware initialization and default domain configuration
• Familiar with creating new Application domains through Console.
• Editing and modifying Front Side Handlers & integrating with the Backend application
• Automation and Continuous improvement support About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.